Winter Riding Feb ’13

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2,525 voices, and was last updated by  jon December 9, 2014 at 8:41 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

jon

8)
      …. and we're still goin' strong…. all year long…. (just don't care for the road snow-slush spray from cages)
      http://www.curdforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2848

uber_poutine
      Participant

So jealous right now. I’ve wanted a Ural for as long as I’ve know they existed.

jon

8)

A full line of Urals are available at AMES MotorSports, 111 ave & 157 St, Edmonchuk
          This local group meets every so often during the month (all year long)…. anyone is welcome to join in and get familiar with the units we own and meet with us ‘Winter (& Summer & Fall & Spring) Riders’  ;D
          Yep, we’re nutz… however we always have fun and enjoy our journey ;D

uber_poutine
          Participant

8)

A full line of Urals are available at AMES MotorSports, 111 ave & 157 St, Edmonchuk
            This local group meets every so often during the month (all year long)…. anyone is welcome to join in and get familiar with the units we own and meet with us ‘Winter (& Summer & Fall & Spring) Riders’  ;D
            Yep, we’re nutz… however we always have fun and enjoy our journey ;D

I know where to buy from, it’s more an issue of funding, and convincing the missus that a Ural is a good idea. Ideally I’d have a solo and a patrol, and run the patrol year-round.

Is is you that I’ve seen riding around the university area?

Bullseye

Just took the KLR for it’s “first rip” !!!( ;D ) Riding in March !!! Got to like it !!! LOL

madjak30
                  • Senior Contributor

Still too much snow & ice on the roads, but I’m out of town for two weeks…we’ll see what the roads are like then, but I’m itching to get out on the bike this year… ::)

March 21, first day of spring…anyone in the Red Deer area up for a ride? Road conditions will be the swing vote for me… 😉

Later.

Bullseye

I may be up for that ride …..just keep me in the loop IF you are going for a “spring” ride !!!

That’s the nice thing about the KLR……roads dry up just enough….I can go for a ride !!! Still have to be careful….gravel,sand,etc BUT thats what an enduro can ride on !!  ;D
                  Sure helps(riding the bike) with the winter blues !!!  8)

Gerrys02800

A person needs a dualsport around Edmonton due to the massive potholes.

O wait…. I have one  8)

madjak30
                        • Senior Contributor

Okay, now I’m jealous!  ???

Maybe I’ll just get a second bike that has more suspension travel…Versys or Vstrom? Or maybe something older…Hmmm…time to start shopping!

Later.

Bullseye

Gerry……….what dual sport do you have ???

Madjak……. DO IT !!!!! DO IT !!!! Both the Versys or the Vstrom are nice bikes !!  ;D

Yeah…it’s a little weird being able to ride when it’s still sketchy out there !!! Just have to be a little more careful BUT is great to back on two wheels again. I have a few things coming in on order for the KLR over the next week or two. So even if the weather is crappy….I can do little things to the bike !! Still hard waiting though, for the “really” good weather !!!!! LOL

madjak30
                            • Senior Contributor

It really doesn’t need to be that new…I think it might be a good idea to get an older ‘cheapo’ for riding on gravel & light off road…I think it would be cool to explore, really want to try the Forestry Trunk road…looks like the scenery would be AWESOME!

Time to keep an eye out for a 90s Enduro/Dual Sport…I think I would take a complete bath if I tried to sell a previously crashed MT-01.  Might as well have a second bike for off road & keep the street bike!

I’ll keep you posted!

Later.

jon

It really doesn’t need to be that new…I think it might be a good idea to get an older ‘cheapo’ for riding on gravel & light off road…I think it would be cool to explore, really want to try the Forestry Trunk road…looks like the scenery would be AWESOME!

Time to keep an eye out for a 90s Enduro/Dual Sport…I think I would take a complete bath if I tried to sell a previously crashed MT-01.  Might as well have a second bike for off road & keep the street bike!

I’ll keep you posted!

Later.

Hey Warren, How ya doin?
                            Hey, those KLR’s are a good choice. Suzuki has the DR650. Honda’s 650 is expensive. Even the older ones (KLR, DR650, Honda) have retained enough value, that buying a new one is close to consideration. 8)
                            ………………or you could get a used URAL 2wd, and keep going all year long  ;D

Gerrys02800

Madjak,

Jon makes a good point, a URAL just might be the ticket. You can up sell your wife with ” you have a comfy spot to sit ” and you can haul all of our gear in the side car. Less chance of tipping on a corner.  Just throwing it out there.  😉

madjak30
                                  • Senior Contributor

Now Gerry’s a comedian…funny guy!

I’m looking for a DRZ400S…found a few DRZ400SM for under $4000, but I don’t want a street toy…
                                I won’t be making a purchase for a couple months anyway, so just window shopping for now.

I’ll continue looking for something to explore with, but I don’t want to talk to wifey about it through texting or over the phone.  This will require talking face to face or I’ll get a flat “NO”.

I have to be cautious, since I now have a car, truck & bike that are mine…she might want one to go & since the truck is strictly for work (unless we have to move the trailer), the car comes in handy in the winter…two bikes might be a bit of a sell, but I’ll give it a go after we pay off a couple of bills…or at least show her that the new position will be providing the extra money that I promissed…

Tread lightly here…

Later.

Gerrys02800

I looked at the DR400, nice bike and tall, almost beats the XR650L

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.