Windsheild installed!!

• This topic has 1,426 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    madjak30
        • Senior Contributor

I took the Spit Fire windscreen from my GS500 and installed it onto my MT-01…actually doesn't look too bad and keeps my helmet on my head…needs a little adjusting, but it's alright…

What do you think?  ???

Later.

delusionalmechanicdelusionalmechanic
      Participant

I foresee a LOT of mosquitoes being placed in harms way. ;D

Faz

Looks alot better on the MT-01, than the GS500… good savings !

viken
          Participant

Looks alot better on the MT-01, than the GS500… good savings !

yes indeed!

I myself ordered a double radius HotBodies clear windscreen. I get whipped around too much after riding highways. Tucking in helps a bit but I hope this windscreen would help more

Gerrys02800

looks good and helps out with rider fatigue. Well done.

madjak30
                  • Senior Contributor

Thanks…it was much nicer riding to work this morning…way less buffetting from cars/trucks ahead of me and the ride seemed smoother…probably because my body wasn’t getting moved around by the wind…

Later.

Gerrys02800

I know a windshield can make all the difference in the world. My stocker was a a straigh arrow to me. I bought a GIVI which has a cruve for the wind to shoot up and its about 4inch longer. Made a big change to the winds hitting me. Viken will notice a change if his is a little taller with the curl. ( Sorry Viken, no capital letters until your newb status is over. )  😉

madjak30
                      • Senior Contributor

Man…I gotta stay out of the throttle…fuel light came on at 160kms…I’ll try shifting at 2500rpm…see what that does for a tank, then try one at 3000rpm…and use light throttle, which I should anyway…it doesn’t take much on this thing…

I am also going to look into the PCIII that is on the bike…maybe the previous owner just fattened the whole curve up to get rid of some flat spot or something…everyone else I talk to that owns one says they are using around 5.5L/100kms and my last tank was 7L/100kms  :o…but I did fill it right to the top…still not that great for a bike…I didn’t expect it to do as well as my Suzuki, but I don’t think 6L/100kms is out of the question…

Still luvin’ the bike and the wind isn’t helping…maybe it will do better on a calmer day… ???

Later.

Gerrys02800

A lot of people who install the PC3 do that… just install it. Very few people put in the correct map thus causing piss poor performance or fuel milage.

On that note, I was thinking about your fuel milage and may have come up with some sort of half assed plan. Instead of buying a new tank bag or napsack you should buy on of these to trail behind you.

8)

madjak30
                          • Senior Contributor

Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that… ::)

Now that the windshield is on there, I will run a couple of tanks through to see if there is a difference (I changed the tune slightly on the bike tonight, seems to have gotten rid of the surging)…if that doesn’t help, I will remove the tank to get to the wiring and remove the PCIII…maybe the previous owner downloaded a performance tune, wasn’t overly impressed and traded it off??  who knows…but 170kms to low fuel light, then 45kms more and out…I want a little more than that…without having to resort to carrying fuel in a pack or on a rack…

I guess it really is a cruiser  😮

Later.

viken
                        Participant

lol maybe i should make it smaller for the time being… 😀 and yes my stock screen shoots air right at my face too and i got a  couple of peeps lined up to buy my current one. lets just see if they can wait until my new one comes in

viken
                          Participant
                          Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.