What is your plan for 2011…New bike, or same old same old?

• This topic has 7,548 voices and 111 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 106 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    tpadams
    Participant

everything is melting here too. unfortunately i have about a foot of compacted snow/ice mix on my driveway which is in the shade all day long. spent an hour and a half chipping it away and only got like 10% of it gone.

where’s those bobcats when you need one? i’m up for camping anywhere but if its for an extended period 2-3 nights or more i prefer to be in the mountains and in the middle of the week.

so…who’s up for an easter weekend ride? chances are weather is going to be nice by then, could be just a day ride on one of the days or we could get together to do a ride each day….i really want to test the long distance comfort of my bike. stupid snow

forgot to mention, the parts i’ve ordered for my bike i ordered from http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/ they have cool and useful parts for sport-touring/touring models but very few models are covered.

madjak30
          • Senior Contributor

I got all excited today and ordered a new rear tire…now it’s snowing outside…blah…

Oh well, I’ll be ready when the sun comes out again…and the ice melts a little more…

Later.

tpadams
        Participant

I got all excited today and ordered a new rear tire…now it’s snowing outside…blah…

Oh well, I’ll be ready when the sun comes out again…and the ice melts a little more…

Later.

sounds like you have some time to figure out how to put the tire on your bike, mine is spent waiting for my bike parts to come in…about 10 more days. and intermittently chipping away the snow/ice on my driveway

madjak30
              • Senior Contributor

sounds like you have some time to figure out how to put the tire on your bike, mine is spent waiting for my bike parts to come in…about 10 more days. and intermittently chipping away the snow/ice on my driveway

I’m paying the shop 30 bucks to mount and balance…got a deal because I bought the tire from them, normally $45…they were only $3 more than the cheapest price in town anyway…I like small shops!!

I finished up the ice chipping yesterday…except under my truck, but I don’t really care about that stuff…the rest of the driveway is clear…just need the crap on the street to be gone… 😛

Later.

viken
            Participant

I don’t know about that Troy…there’s not much room on my bike when I’m on it…

I think I’d rather you were on a Vespa too…

Man, I gotta lose weight… :-[…poor little bike!!

Let’s hope the temp keeps trending in that direction… 🙂

Later.

Is that the Blaster jacket? leather or textile? i was thinking of getting one too, but $400 from the dealership. They must be cheaper somewhere else…

Gerrys02800

I would say textile jacket from the photo.

madjak30
                    • Senior Contributor

Yup, textile…I went that way for the flexibility of riding season…there is a zip out liner and lots of ventilation zippers…I wore that coat in -5C and upto +30C…I had a hoodie on in the cold and I would get hot while sitting still in the heat, but once moving with all the vents open it didn’t feel like I was wearing a coat at all…but still safe…

The only real complaint I have is getting the bug guts out…and if it didn’t have all the “Rocket” crap all over it that would be good too…it was the only one that I found that fit me (read “fit my gut”) and I didn’t need to take out a loan to purchase…bought my helmet, gloves and jacket all at the same time…I think it was around $700 all in…??…and that was at the Suzuki/Honda dealer in town because I was unsure of my size…

You could save money by trying stuff on at the dealer to figure that out, then order online…I’m just lazy and didn’t want to wait… 😮

The helmet is pretty cool…HJC FS-10…has retractable shades…really handy on days when the lighting changes and you don’t have to put glasses in a tank bag or back pack…see the review…good beginner site as well… 8)

http://www.bestbeginnermotorcycles.com/hjc-fs10-helmet-review

Later.

Viewing 7 posts - 106 through 112 (of 112 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.