Went for a ride in the snow

This topic contains 8 replies, has 942 voices, and was last updated by  riley87 June 2, 2015 at 1:38 pm.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

riley87

Took my trials bike out for a ride in the snow today because its to icy to ride the klr.
      CIMG3195.JPG

madjak30
          • Senior Contributor

This winter riding stuff makes me want to get a Can-am Spyder…a three wheeler won’t tip over!  ;D
        But then wifey would expect me to get rid of my current ride, and I’m not ready for that one yet…maybe I can talk her into a quad for winter recreation…?

Later.

uber_poutine
        Participant

Been wanting a Ural for the longest time for the same reason Madjak. So jealous… I wish I had something dirt-capable

madjak30
              • Senior Contributor

I took wifey for a quad tour when we were in Vegas in November…she loved it!  So I think I might see if I can borrow a couple of quads to take her out again around here…I told her we should get some, and she flatly said no…but since she had a great time in Vegas on them, if I get her out for a ride here she might change her tune…I’d prefer dirt bikes, but she’s more likely to go for a quad.

We’ll have to see…  ???

Missed riding with you this season buddy…same with Faz, Viken, lonesoldier, tpadams, Gerry…got an end of season ride in with BlueBerryPie, very cool!  I still haven’t got a ride in with Bullseye and he lives 20mins from me…hopefully the 2013 riding season will have more planned rides!  😮

I can’t make it to the bike shows this year, so you guys will have to take the pics and review the shows for me…change of job has me out of town working.  8)

Later.

Gerrys02800

My ride season was a bust this summer with only a trip in Sept to Oregon after my leg healed.

Next year, my wife and I will be some adventure tours and camping in the area’s ( Red Deer/Sylvan lake / Rocky mtn house and banff/camrose area’s). I will post up our location as she logs on the hours with weekend rides.

Red VFR 800 and Black BMW F650GS…. look for us.

Bullseye

I too hope to ride with some of my fellow “Alberta Moto” friends !!!
                I am really enjoying my CBR250r and hope to put many, many more kms on this year (2013) !!

I do quad a lot and enjoy it ,riding both winter and summer BUT nothing compares to the “motorcycle” !!
                I sure hope we have an early spring cause I sure am missing my bike !!
                MAN, I HATE SNOW !!!!  >:(  (and the cold) !!  >:(
                LOL

uber_poutine
                Participant

It was a little bit of a rubbish season for me – While the weather was good, some mechanical problems had me sidelined for an embarrassingly long time, and by the time August rolled around I was transitioning between jobs and working some truly stupid hours. The really sad part was that I had reserved the whole month for some decent weekend trips.

I got a lot of commuting in (rolled my odometer 🙂 ), as well as a single solo run to Lethbridge (bleugh), but nothing besides. I really should have followed my instincts and kept going to Wyoming (and then Cali? I could have met up with Fuse – ‘twould have been epic!), instead of catching a van ride with some cousins.

This coming summer is looking better as I’ll be out of school, so I’m really looking forward to seeing more of you chaps. Seriously contemplating getting in on the Island run with Bullseye, if you’re looking for companions.

This winter I plan to regap my valves, do some proper fairing repair (structural and cosmetic), maybe a paint job, and swap over my cam chain – I’ve a little time coming up after I graduate (done this Tuesday – crazy, right?) and I hope to spend a lot of it with the bike and on other projects that I’ve been neglecting. Also, I found out that my neighbour has a welder, so I might try to fab up a luggage support…

What sort of winter projects do you wonderful people have planned?

madjak30
                      • Senior Contributor

Thinking of asking “Santa” for a hobby welder so that I can fab up a bracket for my bike…been thinking of this for a while.

Need to order new trim rings for the exhaust and a new wind deflector, more of a bikini than a full screen like I had before…

I’m in the middle of rebuilding a VW Jetta, then I am thinking of selling my truck…or at minimum parking the thing…lotsa fuel burnt for a commuter truck…the Jetta should be done before Xmas, so the truck will get parked by New Years.

For those of you on Twitter, follow me @madjak30 …like you don’t get enough of me in here  😉

Later.

Melvinriz

rnrnWow great ride today went up to norris lake road around went down to smokey mountian harley davidson.  Found a house great day great area and riding.  ill post up a picture of the house we found in few min.rn

http://info.esparatodopublico.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.