Washington State ???

This topic contains 12 replies, has 982 voices, and was last updated by  Bullseye July 31, 2014 at 1:10 am.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Bullseye

I am planning a trip middle of next month to USA. I am thinking I want to check out Washington State (Seattle area) and from all my map studying I think I want to check out Olympic National park and Mt Rainer !!! Getting pretty excited about the adventure.

Any one have any "must sees" when in Washington State ??? The space needle, the market in Seattle, and ANYTHING else ???????? Let me know !!!

delusionalmechanic
      delusionalmechanic
      Participant

well from the top down:

Highway 20 across the norther cascades. Very nice road that contains a bit of everything. (#1 in destination highways http://www.destinationhighways.com)

highway 112 to Neah Bay. ( my wife’s favourite road in the US) There is a museum at Neah Bay that has a native long house that was covered by a mudslide for 500 years so everything is as it was 500 years ago.

NF25 from randle to woodland or carson.(my favourite US road) Be sure and take NF99 to spirit lake (windy ridge) the view of Mt St Helen is awesome.  Ape caves http://mountsthelens.com/ape-caves.html are also a must see.

Also very high on the scenic meter are 410 from enumclaw, 12 west of Yakima, 123 between 410 and 12.
        The astoria bridge is the longest bridge I’ve been on and the hood river/white salmon bridge is the biggest grated bridge I’ve riden.

We have never done 504 to the other viewpoint of Mt St Helens but I have heard it is nice.

Bullseye

Cool stuff , delusionalmechanic !!! Still searching and researching places and sites to see.

All my buddy’s are slowly opting out (busy summer,etc) sooooo this might be a solo trip !! 🙁

ABLE

The Space Needle was kinda cool, as were the other typical Seattle landmarks like Pike Market.  I’d recommend seeing a Mariners baseball game if the timing works out.  I’ve never been to a MLB game, but being in a big league park and enjoying a beer and dog are a few things I’d love to do given the opportunity.  As for riding routes, I’d recommend checking out Destination Highways if you haven’t yet.  Their books are pretty solid.

Bullseye

Leaving Sunday…just to Lethbridge to stay with family…..then leave Monday morning to go down to Logan’s pass AND then WEST !!! Looking forward to the trip. Seattle and area should be interesting !!!
              It’s a SOLO trip …so heres to having no issues. I am riding a Honda so what could go wrong ??? lOL

madjak30
                  • Senior Contributor

How long will you be gone for? I’ll be in the Kootenays next weekend on my bike  ;D

Can’t wait!

Hope you have a great, yet uneventful trip (driving wise that is)

(kinda jealous)

Expecting a full trip review when you are back with lots of pics so that we can all live through your experience!  😉

Later.

delusionalmechanic
                delusionalmechanic
                Participant

we are in southern oregon slowly working our way home. We were thinking the dalles/hood river for sunday night. I would like to do FSR25 again. Yes, I know we have done it twice before, but I really like it!
                  Forest fires by bend may redirect us.
                  We are also on a honda, no problems.  😉
                  Scotty

madjak30
                      • Senior Contributor

I’ll be on a Honda too this time  8)

Never had a problem with the Yamaha though…except for rider error  :-[

This damn work stuff is getting in the way, but I guess you have to pay to play…so off to work I go  😉

Later.

Bullseye

🙁  Well…change of plan !!!

My wife discussed my trip with me and felt with the fires and smoke in BC and Washington and being a lone rider ….. I should plan my “Washington” trip for another time !!! Sooooo maybe next month …I have some time off then too.

I still am doing something (besides work around the house LOL) …I will keep you posted as to what !!!
                      (maybe Road-to-the-sun and Yellowstone….but we will see) 😉

madjak30
                          • Senior Contributor

That’s a very understanding wife, she’s a keeper  😉 …lucky man!

I’m chancing the fires & heading to the Kootenays on my bike  ;D
                        I’ll have to remember to take a few pics along the way, so that you guys can be jealous of me for a change  8)

Later.

delusionalmechanic
                        delusionalmechanic
                        Participant

media sometimes gets a bit carried away. Just watching Yakima live action news about the fire devastation in the kittitas area. Where are we? right in the middle of the county and we never even saw it. Only a part of the county had a fire.
                          Have a great trip when you go.

Bullseye

Went to southern Alberta and Montana.

madjak30
                                • Senior Contributor

I made it to the Kootenays without crashing  ;D

I shot some video, but I didn’t have time to view or edit the footage…next time I’m home I’ll work on it. I do have a few pics that I will post in another thread once I have the video done and can put up a link to that as well. (I didn’t take many…was enjoying myself and forgot, again  :'( )

Next time I go, I will take more that three days…covered over 2000kms. Bike was awesome!

Later.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.