Spring has sprung?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  madjak30 April 6, 2016 at 8:07 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

madjak30
        • Senior Contributor

Sounds like spring has hit central Alberta, my wife tells me that the snow is almost gone from our back yard…bike can come out of hibernation and get a going over, then I'm going for a ride! Of course things could change in the 12 days I have left on my shift…but fingers crossed, I'll be riding in a couple weeks  8)

16hypen3sp
      16hypen3sp
      Participant

I took my CBR1000 out recently. Man I love that bike.

Roads are mostly good to go in Blackfalds/Red Deer. As usual, watch the corners with the gravel.

madjak30
            • Senior Contributor

Wife told me that the snow is now gone from the backyard! The bike will get transferred to the garage and have a thorough going over, then it’s road time!

The Yamaha will also be going into the garage, but just for some cleaning and tuning. Not sure I will insure it this year…selling it this year might not be the best choice, as there’s not much expendable cash out there right now. Maybe next year (or maybe I’ll just keep it, very cool bike in my view!)

Anyone wanting to go for a meet up during the week of March 21 to 27?

BBG

I took the new bike for a good burn tonight, about 120 km. Its only the second time ive ridden it, the first was a few weeks ago and about 20 km. Also took the old beast for a quick rip. Spring has indeed sprung!

madjak30
                • Senior Contributor

Didn’t get the bikes out of the back yard yet…weather was crappy for the week I was home. Two weeks out again, then I’ll get it done…as well as servicing to my bikes…

madjak30
                  • Senior Contributor

Wifey says all the snow is gone, so I should be able to move the bikes to the garage and wake them up for a new season!
                I’m going to be getting out on the bike more this year, no more moving for a while!

16hypen3sp
                16hypen3sp
                Participant

Not to rub it in but I’ve put on about 1000 miles since Feb. 8th. My brother and I went down to CrossIron Mills Mall on Friday… Good cruise down QEII. Back to work on Wednesday for me.

madjak30
                      • Senior Contributor

I’ll be getting a ride in when I’m home…need a stress reliever from work. Lots of pressure to complete by an unrealistic deadline

tpadams
                    Participant

I’ve gotten my bike out for a couple short rides, unfortunately I still need to take my bike in for some servicing before I can bring it home and ride it more.
                      Should have that done around the 20th

madjak30
                          • Senior Contributor

Mine needs a tune up too…need to balance the throttle bodies. Might buy a tool and try it myself

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.