Smartphone Friendly Website

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1,044 voices, and was last updated by Ryan Ryan July 4, 2010 at 4:03 am.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

Hey all,

If you own a smartphone (ex Android or iPhone), try accessing the site through it and see if the new smartphone-friendly theme works.  There are still some issues (ex. search page doesn't have a search input field) but hopefully I'll be able to address that in the short-term.

Comet650

This is awesome. I pretty much do 90% of my websurfing from my phone! I’ll keep you posted if I find bugs

Ryan
        Ryan
        Participant

No more precision finger clicking, now we’ve got big buttons and legible text!  Booya!  Oh yeah, and a custom smartphone logo now.

Syn

Is this new? Im on my blackberry, and it looks the same that it has for the past 2 weeks? I’ll try with my itouch, see if the BlackBerry just isnt supported

Edit: I guess its just my BlackBerry being lame. iTouch looks sweet!

Ryan
            Ryan
            Participant

I’m working on getting the Blackberry going…

Link Back to Smartphone Theme Test

Comet650

Few things that are would be nice.

Link on the regular site to the mobile one. If you click the classic link in the mobile site you have to clear your cache to get back to the mobile one

A scroll bar to be able to see more than the 3 most recent posts. This feature is great just wish I could see all the recent posts in one place.

Also the home button in the menu sometimes give a 404. I’ll try to figure out when and where.

Great addition to the site. Keep up the good work!

Other Ryan

Comet650

Good stuff man. The link back test works for me on my iPhone 3GS with iOS4. The issue with the home link is that it just adds index.php at the end of the current page address it does not revert back to the root.

Cheers,

Other Ryan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.