Saddle sore and Bun Burner this weekend

This topic contains 4 replies, has 320 voices, and was last updated by  Gumby October 12, 2015 at 2:02 am.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gumby
    Participant

Finally taking the leap and doing the IBA Saddle sore and bun burner ride this weekend.  The route is beyond boring, but to make the kind of miles I have to make without hyperbiking it (which the IBA frowns upon and will nullify my ride) I need as much 4 lane highway as I can get.

The IBA stands for the Iron Butt Association, who are a group of endurance riders.  They have a number or rides they sponsor, but the two I'm doing are the "easy" ones.  The saddle sore is 1000 miles in 24 hours.  The Bun Burner is 1500 miles in 36 hours.  Both can be completed in one ride.

Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.

raven

Good luck to you!

Seems like many Iron Butt winners ride FJR-1300’s.

delusionalmechanic
        delusionalmechanic
        Participant

Best of luck to you!!!
          I would do one of them but I can’t figure out how to work in my afternoon nap. :-\

Gumby
          Participant

Done and done!  Did it on the German Uberscooter.  My buddy caught the flu and bailed in Edmonton, I continued on.  If anyone ever plans on doing it, I can give them a lot of pointers.  I finished the Saddle sore portion with about 5 1/2 hours to spare (actually travelled 1770 km’s instead of 1610), which I had to do to get some sleep, and the bun burner portion an hour and a half early.  Going to go veg now.  Thanks in advance . . .

delusionalmechanic
            delusionalmechanic
            Participant

Congrats. Two thumbs up! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.