Riding by Arrow Lakes and Kootenays !!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 873 voices, and was last updated by  Bullseye May 22, 2015 at 4:54 am.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bullseye

Did a fast and furious trip to Revelstoke- Nakusp-Kaslo- Creston- Fernie and home (by Lacombe). Did about 1960 kms in 3 days. Sore bottom but had a decent time on bike. Great weather except for Monday night trying to get to Revy….pouring rain from Roger's Pass to Revy !! And LOTS of traffic !! Had friends that got a room in Revy for the night so just bunked with them !!
      Day 1) Home to Revy !!!! What a day !!! Decided to go out thru Sask. River Crossing……well I was about 10 minutes after that fatality crash that killed a woman biker. So sad…..BUT they shut the highway down!! They said 5-6hrs. So back to Rocky…..down to Cochrane and up to Lake Louise and over to Revy!! Long Day. Hard to make decision to go after seeing the accident and being on the bike for 3 or so hours and still knowing I had a looong ride yet ahead BUT decided I wanted to ride in BC this year !!! About 940 kms this day !!
      2) Revelstoke to Fernie. Up at a decent time …part ways with my friends and head south. Hop on the Galena Bay Ferry and then down to Nakusp, New Denver, Kaslo and then down to the Balfour Ferry….and then down to Creston.Up to Cranbrook and over to Fernie. Great weather and great roads !! 525 kms this day.
      3) Fernie to Home !! Again on the road at a decent time and another nice morning. Thru the crowsnest to Hwy 22. Great highway and hardly any traffic. Continued up 22 thru Turner Valley and Cochrane. Decide at Cremona to head east again. Over to Carstairs and then thru Olds and home !! T-Storms brewing the the west but made it home dry and safe. 496 kms today !!

Lots of riding ….not many breaks. Still had a good time even though was a little fast. Only had a few days off and had to go some where on the bike. Bike ran like a top the whole trip..even in the rain !! Can't wait to go again !!!  ;D

AndresFoex

Looks like a fun trip  Nice job getting that guys tire reseate 

What are your vibes from?

http://in.wreckbox.com

madjak30
            • Senior Contributor

Nice ride, if a little rushed…
          Would love to do that ride, but over an extra day or two  😉

Bullseye

Sure itching to do a trip like that again. LOVE riding 2 wheels !!  😮

(almost was…Was going to go to Kamloops Saturday and come home Monday …BUT plans changed. Staying around home this weekend !!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.