Rear wheel bearings toasted

This topic contains 17 replies, has 1,143 voices, and was last updated by  tpadams January 27, 2016 at 4:42 am.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

ABLE

Sounds like you need to sell the MT and get yourself a sled or quad to play with in the winter.

Bullseye

I know that I enjoy motorcycling sooooo much that I HATE winter !!!!  >:(  LOL

BUT if I do go out ….I enjoy quading or Side-by-Sideing (I just bought one this past winter)…I guess if I can’t be on two wheels its got to be 4 !!! LOL

P.S. Did I mention I HATE Winter !!!!!!  I was luck enough to go to Arizona this past winter……now why was I told about this sooner !!! I think I found heaven…and you can ride 2 wheels year around there !!!  8)

Captkerk

Hi Folks;
          Its a good idea to check your wheel bearings for undue friction every time you take a wheel off for a tire change.  Much less surprises that way.
          One can keep wheel bearings in good shape longer by avoiding the wheel bearing seal areas when at the car wash.  High spray washing seems to be the cause of many failures.  The soapy solution gets in, causes the bearing grease to break down and corrosion to occur.
          My two bits.
          Pete

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.