Online Shopping

• This topic has 907 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Syn

Have you ever bought something for your bike online? Gear? Mods? Radios?

If so, what sites do you buy from? Any specific ones you swear by? I have bought tonnes of things off eBay, but only LED's for the bike so far.

morgal

E-bay for
        -pants
        -boots
        -jacket
        -gloves
        -hard bags
        -helmet

Durak

Hi,

I bought my jacket, chaps, and a set of gloves from Foxcreek Leather.  Their stuff is very high quality (nice thick, supple leather).  When I wear my gear into a store and compare, the grade of leather and quality of craftsmanship of my stuff really is noticeably better.

I’ve bought a helmet, boots, socks, and face shields from Revzilla.com.  They are a great company to deal with – excellent customer service and prices.  I tried my helmet and boots on in Edmonton and then bought online. 

I also purchased a kevlar shirt from the USA Draggin Jeans site.  I got the armor kit and it’s okay – I don’t think I’ll buy another one.  I bought it for hot days if I wanted to dress down a bit and still be protected if I went into a slide.  However, I just don’t feel right/safe riding in just a shirt.  To be honest, I laugh whenever I see someone out riding in shorts/t-shirt/sandals.  I prefer to dress for the crash, not the ride.  From what I’ve read, the product coming from the original Australian Draggin’ Jeans company is better quality.  Next season I plan on ordering a pair of their jeans.

As an aside, whenever possible I do try to buy local.  I think it’s important to support local businesses.  That being said, I’ve saved over $350 on the items I’ve ordered from Revzilla (even with shipping and exchange rate – dollar was near par at the time).  Plus, the customer service at any of the sites I’ve used has been top notch.  I can’t always say that of some of the local dealers.

Links
          http://www.foxcreekleather.com/
          http://www.revzilla.com/
          http://www.dragginjeans.com/default.aspx

Syn

I know what you mean about the Customer Service not being great at some stores, When I was looking at getting gear for the course, the guy working had never ridden a bike in his life, he seemed clueless and didnt really care, all he wanted was the sale. . .

grilldemon
            Participant

If I am buying a lot of oem parts, I use hondapartsnation.com Based out of Kalamazoo Michigan. They carry the big 4 Japanese oem parts. You have to order enough to justify the freight. You can save quite a few buck with the dollar being so close or on par with the US buck. Since I have an older bike, I do tend to buy more parts.

However, I also buy parts from the local dealer if it is a cheap part or need it in a hurry. Orders out of the US take about 3 weeks, and if customs decides to be a bunch of dorks, well, you’re waiting longer.

It is also a good idea to get friendly with the local dealer. This can garner you a favor now and then when you need a piece to get you going. Most good parts guys will help you find an alternative or other source when you are a regular customer.

When I was a Yamaha parts guy, I helped everyone equally, but I would go a little further for my regulars and they always came back for more.

Syn

I bought New hand grips, and new bar ends from the D2Moto shop on ebay, Prices seemed right, but today was at Triple M and they had the exact same set of hand grips for 3 dollars more, not that im worried or anything, but I really should have looked around the city first, I have 3 main shops I hit usually when I need something, if I cant find it there(Or justify on the price) I’ll check ebay

Anonymous

I have bought Jackets, gloves, communication systems and helmets from both of  these places. They were reasonable and the stuff was delivered to my door. Very happy with the customer service too.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/
                  http://www.ridersdiscount.com/

Gerrys02800

Another great place to buy from is newenough.com for clothing/gear. I do my best to support the local dealers when possible, having run a MC shop myself. But, when you can get 2 mesh jackets and a pair of pants from the US for $349.00 delivered to your door ( freight, tax and the $5.00 border fee incl) compared to $634.00 here( thats with 15% off)……. I can wait for 7 days.

RyanRyan
                    Participant

Another great place to buy from is newenough.com for clothing/gear. I do my best to support the local dealers when possible, having run a MC shop myself. But, when you can get 2 mesh jackets and a pair of pants from the US for $349.00 delivered to your door ( freight, tax and the $5.00 border fee incl) compared to $634.00 here( thats with 15% off)……. I can wait for 7 days.

+1 newenough.com.  I bought a bunch of stuff from them years ago without any issues when I first got into riding.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.