Ninja 250 – SV650

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ScottyLunn May 14, 2017 at 9:51 am.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ScottyLunn
    Participant

Hi there,
      I am new to the forum and new to riding. Took a great course with TOO COOL and passed my test. However I don’t have a history of riding bikes as a kid or anything and am now 48. I looked at several used bikes and have a question. The Ninja 250 – I learned on those and am comfortable and can maneuver them. However I know I will out grow in at least a year and that is ok. I did see a great SV650 but is that going to be too much and ruin my experience? It is a beautiful bike and and I know I would not out grow it right away – but need to know if it would be too much right away? I am 5’11 and 220 so not a small guy.
      thanks for any advice.
      Scott

delusionalmechanic
      delusionalmechanic
      Participant

First off, Welcome!
        It is good to see that you took a course and congrats on passing!

Hmmm, how to answer this one….
        Fact – Every bike you buy that is bigger than what you have, is a monster.
        Fact – You will out grow every bike you will ever own.
        Fact – Every different bike will have a different personality that you will have warm up to a bit.

So the big question, when are you ready? That is totally up to you and how you feel about it.

Just personal experience here, but a few trips to the local empty parking lot with some pylons and you will be amazed at how much a monster motorcycle(see fact1) can shrink(see fact2). From my stand point a GL1800 wing is just a cute little play toy.

Most important, enjoy riding whatever you have. Also enjoy shopping. I love shopping for motorcycles.

Scotty

ScottyLunn
        Participant

Thanks for the reply – I ended up going with the SV650 and so far so awesome.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.