New to Radar Detectors

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1,181 voices, and was last updated by  speedtriple1050 March 19, 2013 at 6:09 pm.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

speedtriple1050

Anyone out there currently use or have used a radar detector. I am looking to purchase but would like to know where to buy from? What is the best type for a motorcycle?

viken

just gun it! you’re already speeding anyways  ;D

Bullseye

Viken…………..I was going to say the opposite !!!! SLOW DOWN…………enjoy the ride …..riding a bike should be about enjoying whats around you. Scenery…..mountains…..twisty roads…etc……slow down and enjoy life (well down to at least the speed limit LOL).
          A person’s life just speeds by……….riding a motorcycle should let a person unwind and ENJOY life. 

madjak30
              • Senior Contributor

Maybe it’s because we’re older…I mean, more mature?

But I agree, slow down and enjoy the ride…take the scenic route and stop for some pictures along the way…maybe it is time for the MT-01 to leave my garage…

Still, time to look…

Later.

Faz

SLOW DOWN…………enjoy the ride …..riding a bike should be about enjoying whats around you. Scenery…..mountains…..twisty roads…

…and then HWY-2 happened!  😮

Bullseye

SLOW DOWN…………enjoy the ride …..riding a bike should be about enjoying whats around you. Scenery…..mountains…..twisty roads…

…and then HWY-2 happened!  😮

Exactly !!!! Don’t get me started on the QE2 !!!! That highway is crazy  😮 ….I don’t even like it in my “cage” !! No matter what speed you go (120,130)….there is always someone faster !!! Every one tailgates, drinking coffee, talking on phone,etc …..I get very nervous in my vehicle..never mind my bike !!

That being said…..I try to live up to my motto…”Enjoy life, take the road less traveled !!  ;D ” If possible, I take secondary Hwys and other pavement (or gravel, now that I have a KLR too! LOL) when ever I can. Sometimes you come across so pretty cool sites and places when you are off on different roads !! 

madjak30
                    • Senior Contributor

Yeah, I tend to travel more on Hwy 20 when I’m heading to Edm…slower speed limit & less traffic. My truck prefers it too  ;D

Later.

viken

Im being sarcastic… I’ve mellowed down in speeding actually… and no more sportbike. dirt and trails here i come! 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.