my bike trip in august

• This topic has 931 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tpadams
    Participant

i did come away with two videos from my 3 week bike trip, i kinda wish i had more but ah well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ILtdiCLNtU&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YozNmv2za1Q&feature=youtu.be

can't remember how to insert the videos properly

madjak30
          • Senior Contributor

Nice ride.  Wish I had gotten in a nice road trip.  My only road trip was trailering my bike to the Okanagan (took the kids to see their grandparents, so had to take the truck) and riding down to Penticton from Vernon.  It was nice, but not like last seasons road trip/crash…although it would have been much better without the crash.

I want to do a couple of road trips this year…I’m going to have to start planning soon.  ::)

Later.

tpadams
        Participant

me and my friend are looking to head out to nakusp area for a 4 day ride or if we can get the time off, go into montana to salmon lake state park, then across northern montana, idao and washington to come back up near osoyoos then over to nakusp. 7 day trip.
          It also depends on how comfortable he is with a longer trip. this summer will be his first summer with a bike. We’ll atleast do a couple day trips, especially another one to drumheller/wayne

madjak30
              • Senior Contributor

A friend of mine wants to do the Drumheller/Wayne ride as well…he’s never been.  He mentioned it to me this past Friday and I told him that you and your friend were probably going to do that ride.  He’s on a Shadow 750 and is a pretty relaxed rider…quite easy going.

He’s not much of a computer guy, so he won’t be joining the site anytime soon…I don’t think  ::)

More riding in 2013!!

Later.

Bullseye

Are you guys talking about “the 7 bridges” ride ?? I wouldn’t mind getting in on this ride as well ….if I could ??

madjak30
                  • Senior Contributor

I’m sure we’ll post it on here and anyone can join us…Troy and I went in 2011, but no one else met up with us…it was a great ride, although it would have been nicer to have a bit more time to explore the area…but it makes for a bit of a long day for tpadams coming from Edmonton…

I think we will have a more active riding group this year…let’s make it happen!

Later.

tpadams
                Participant

pfft…i can handle the ride to drumheller now and some exploring….on my trip this august with my dad we did a bit over a 12 hour day ~1000kms. it was fun

madjak30
                      • Senior Contributor

Good  8)

Then we can plan a day of riding, stop for lunch at the Last Chance Saloon &  more exploring around the area before heading home again…I can go as long as you want, you will just have to put up with having to stop for fuel every 160-200kms (big engine, little fuel tank  😮 )

I would also like to plan another BC road trip…to go see one of our members in a comedy show…The Kootenay Gut Buster (KGB) just north of Creston…more info on that later.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas & is planning a fun and safe New Years!!

Later.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.