Motorcycle Show

This topic contains 10 replies, has 881 voices, and was last updated by  madjak30 January 21, 2015 at 7:39 am.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

madjak30
        • Senior Contributor

The Motorcycle and ATV Show Edmonton!

January 16 – 18, 2015
      Edmonton Expo Centre, Northlands – Edmonton, Alberta

Dates & Hours

Date                                                                          Show Hours

Friday January 16                                                12:00 PM – 9:00 PM

Saturday January 17                                            10:00 AM – 8:00 PM

Sunday January 18                                              10:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Admissions

Admissions

Price

Adults (15 and over)
      $15.00
      Seniors (Ages 65+) $10.00
      Juniors/Youth (Ages 6 to 14)
      $10.00
      Children (5 & under) FREE with paid adult admission
      Family Pass (2 Adults & 2 Juniors/Youth) $38.00
      Ladies Night (Friday Night only) Ladies 1/2 price after 5:00pm Friday night ONLY

Here's the LINK

Enjoy the show!

BBG

I’ll likely be there on the saturday. If you want to find me, I’ll be the one trying to buy one of everything 😉

madjak30
            • Senior Contributor

I’ll probably be there on the Saturday as well…at least I have the opportunity to go this year. Last year I missed out due to work!

Michaeltah

Anyone going to the NY Motorcycle Show at the Javits Center next weekend?  I will be there all night on friday probably walking around and by the Galfer booth.

tpadams
            Participant

I’ll be going to this one saturday afternoon

madjak30
                  • Senior Contributor

I’ll be going to the Edmonton show on Friday at noon…only time I have available, so I’m getting in there!

A buddy of mine is working one of the booths, not his own but I’ll be meeting up with him for a bit.

Check out his website, good motorcycle info!

YouMotorcycle

See you there?

madjak30
                    • Senior Contributor

I ended up going yesterday…good show this year!
                  Hope you guys can make it out!

I’d like to upgrade my touring bike to a Victory Vision…WOW, super comfortable for two and love the sound of the bike. And I’d like to pick up a 250cc dual sport…explore my world. Also saw some sporty bikes in the custom builder area that have off road tires, maybe dual sport tires for my MT-01? Cheaper than a new bike…things to think about!

Later

delusionalmechanic
                  delusionalmechanic
                  Participant

Yes, mad Jack you are so correct. So many choices, so little garage space.
                    Personally, I think I would like a Ural. I think it would be a lot of fun from October through April.
                    We went to the show today, it was great and we had a lot of fun.
                    Scotty

tpadams
                    Participant

The bike show was a lot better this year, I believe I have found my next bike, it’ll be between the Honda st1300 and BMW k1600

BBG

I made It to the show yesterday, thought it was pretty good. I couldn’t help but watch the electric harley for a bit, im not really sure what to think of it. First thought was it should be labelled as a nissan, but it does have a bit of a sporty badass look too. Talking to one of the other harley guys working the other bikes, he said he tried it out when they were setting up, and put his name on the list. At any rate, innovation is a good thing.

What about the polaris slingshot? My first thought was it should be classified as the same type of vehicle as Mr Bean’s car… lol. I can definately see why polaris is having so much problem trying to get it classifed as a bike in some of the states.

As for a next bike, im now pulling about 5 different ways instead of 2… the badass yellow street glide was sweet, but even if I wanted too I dont thinkni could convince myself in any sane state of mind that 48k is worth it for a bike. The kawi vaquero is a nice price effective option, and the victory cross country is nice too.

Anyways, im not buying anything new for a while so for now its all a wet dream.

All the show really did for me was elevate my PMS.. (parked motorcycle syndrome)

Tom

ABLE

I ended up at the show twice, once with a friend that is looking at getting into riding, and then again with my regular riding buddies.

I went not to scout out new bikes, rather to find saddlebags and other accessories for my new bike.  Unfortunately all I left with was a few business cards for ear plugs.  But I now know which direction I’ll be going for bags.

I liked that Harley had the Livewire there and was demonstrating it.  I’ve watched a number of vids on it so I wasn’t too surprised by it.  The Slingshot was cool to see.  A salesman I spoke with informed me that they have more than 10 on order already, which will be cool to see.  Polaris is really hitting it out of the park.  I was told by an Indian salesman that Cycle Works in Edmonton has 50+ Scouts on order for 2015.

I saw a year old model of my Road Star for twice the money, although it’s zero miles, but I left happy with the purchase I made in October.

Like every year, the third weekend in January rolls up and I get excited to go, but always leave underwhelmed.  Such was the case this year.  But, it was good to have a fix to hold me over until April.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.