Mechanics in Edmonton

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1,026 voices, and was last updated by  Jam MacD May 5, 2014 at 3:36 am.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jam MacD

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Edmonton and to motorcycles and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a good/reasonably priced mechanic in Edmonton?  I have a 1973 Honda CB450 that needs a new head gasket/general tune up and I don't have a work space to take the engine out.

Thanks in advance!

catterallj

*bump* I’d also like to know. I heard that Argyll’s service dept is a nightmare (though I had a good experience buying gear from them), and my bike is too old for the Suzi dealers around here to work on.

uber_poutine
        Participant

Scona does do pretty good work, but they told me they won’t work on my 87 hurricane until winter, because apparently older bikes are more difficult, and take more time – maybe you could erect a temporary shop made from 2x4s and side it with a few tarps?

delusionalmechanic
          delusionalmechanic
          Participant

Well, first the sad reality: An engine ectomy at full shop rate will very quickly make a 73 honda a write off.
            Now the up side: If you don’t mind driving a bit, I have shop space and tools. I am about an hour from edmonton.
            I wouldn’t mine sitting on my chair with a cold pop and explain in great detail, Ad nauseam exactly how you should do it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.