Let’s have some suggestions…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 599 voices, and was last updated by  madjak30 May 22, 2013 at 4:49 pm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

madjak30
        • Senior Contributor

Okay…postings are getting pretty damn slow lately.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can change to make it more interesting?  Is it a topic of discussion thing?  Is it an image thing?  Formatting of the site…maybe confusing to some users?

I'm starting to promote it on Twitter ( @madjak30 )…so maybe we'll start getting more traffic, but if we don't have a lively site people don't stay (as we have seen)

My first thing will be to start updating the calendar more frequently (it was limited to 2012 for the first few months, that's fixed now)

I'm also going to start posting more discussion topics…things we can argue/debate over…  😉 >:( ??? ::)

But I think we just need to start posting more pictures of rides…people love pictures (I know I do)  8) ;D

So let's get more active and let me know if you see an event that should be posted…I don't want to see Albertamoto die like a few other bike forums…  😮

Later.

Bullseye

Ok…. I’ve gots a few ideas !!!  😮

1) Maybe …since this is a motorcycle site, have a breakdown of “topics” ….into the different styles of motorcycles ….1) Cruisers 2) sportbikes 3) dual-sport 4) off-road

2) Then a person could do sub-topics under each style of motorcycle for different things like 1) maintentance 2) tech how-to 3) accessories/add-ons 4)riding technics,etc

3) I proabbly have more ideas….just not at the moment !! LOL  ::)

“AlbertaMoto” is a good site …I try to promote it when/where ever I am !! Just needs a little more traffic to generate interest !!!

And Madjak30…..thank you for “all” you do for this site. I enjoy it here very much and I am sure others will/do too !! ;D

Bullseye

Ohhhh Yeah……. maybe monthly contests for best picture. Could even do different “themes” every month. But have to have at least a motorcycle in the shot . Examples : 1) Mountains 2) waterfall 3) best jump 4) best wheelie 5) family on/with bike 6) favorite biking location (in  the world, in Alberta, in Canada, etc) 7)most unique photo (could be black and white, abstract, bike parts, etc) …………………

I don’t know what it all entails BUT a text box in real time. So a person can talk to people on the site while you are “logged” on. That way if someone is going for a quick ride, etc ….a person can “talk/text” on the site real quick to see if anyone else wants to go…..or even some times just to talk about bikes, etc.

Just my 2 cents !!

madjak30
              • Senior Contributor

Very good ideas…all of them…

I never really liked the regions, so separating it into styles of bikes or just types of riding…Adventure, Road, Touring…even that would be an improvement!

I don’t know if we can do the monthly pic contest, but quarterly…pics can be submitted all year…could also have a quad/snowmobile/dirt bike section…outdoor life

Hmm…got me thinking now…

Thanks for doing your part…keep ’em coming…

Later.

viken

I plead guilty! Haven’t logged in here much as soon as I could ride the bike for the season, only at odd times when I’m bored at work or have the free time to do so. Usually its just city riding for me and just hanging out with local riders from my area. Even that gets less and less too coz we’ve been busy with a few project bikes.

Anyway, back to topic. Completely agree with Bullseye on those ideas. With regards to online community thing, I usually just post stuff on Facebook (since everyone’s on there already, even my grandma) coz its easy. Everyone’s got smartphones with good camera and data plans that posting on one of these social media sites/apps is easier.

Oh yeah, I did save this page a while back in case we need a use for it…. 😀
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/AlbertaMoto/163160500375817

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.