Lethbridge area mechanic?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 458 voices, and was last updated by  inspiratron June 13, 2014 at 2:18 am.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

inspiratron
    Participant

Hey all,

I bought my first bike a few weeks ago, an '82 Virago 750, and it was love… until it started making a loud ticking from the upper rear cylinder, last weekend.  I did all the basic diagnostics (and reset valve clearances), but can't figure out what is causing the sound, which seemed to appear randomly, so I'm scared to drive it for fear of damaging the bike.

I live in Lethbridge, and the Yamaha dealer here (New-Way Motorsports) said they wouldn't touch a bike as old as an '82, and referred me to "The Shop" in Raymond.  Problem is, The Shop has a three week waitlist that requires leaving my bike there to get on the waitlist, just to get the issue diagnosed…

Does anyone know of a competent motorcycle mechanic in Southern Alberta that I could hire to investigate this?  Not knowing what's wrong (and whether riding will damage the bike) is driving me crazy, and is keeping me off the road. 🙁

Cheers,
      Sam

Kilo

Try a little shop just east of Leth. I think it’s Sideline MCs. Hope this helps.

inspiratron
        Participant

I gave Sideline a call, and they said that because their “metric” guy is gone, they don’t work on my kind of bike… said that “The Shop” in Raymond is about my only option.

Looks like I might do a rebuild myself this winter… Pretty ridiculous that there’s only one place that’ll even LOOK at the bike in southern Alberta (and even he did a bit of a double take when he heard the year).

Thanks anyway!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.