ladies!! riding suits???

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2,404 voices, and was last updated by  Leah.Marie November 9, 2011 at 5:54 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Leah.Marie

hey everyone… i been looking for a womens race suit…basically the only two choices in calgary for women are dainese and suomy… does anyone know if there'd be anything else to choose from in edmonton or anywhere else close by?
      thanks =)

viken

Looking for anything in particular? I think Blackfoot have the most selection I’ve seen so far in Calgary, the other maybe able to chime in on this one…

Dont know what it is but I like Dainese stuff

lonesoldier84

Sorry. 🙁

But welcome!

😀

Leah.Marie

yea i been to back foot, for womens race leather all they carry is dainese which i would buy if i have 1700 extra dollars floating around… 🙁  i tried them on and they feel so much nicer than the suomy ones…figures.  ::)

lonesoldier84

Order online. get fitted at blackfoot then order from kneedraggers.com

You can get your Dainese riding suit for under $900. The only risk is size because if it doesnt fit you have to pay for return shipping and shipping again to have them send you another suit. They only do free shipping on wrong sizes for american customers.

but if you get sized up and know your exact size, you can order the right suit the first time and not have to worry about that.

$1700 for a dainese suit is retarded……the MSRP listed by Dainese themselves is like half as much….unless it is their TOP end merchandise and top of their line-up.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/catalog/Dainese/Leathers

http://www.kneedraggers.com/catalog/Ladies-Race-Suits-and-Leathers

Leah.Marie

hmm ok ill take a look at it. i hate ordering things online :-\ but i might have to…im hoping ill get a chance to go to the states sometime this summer…but if not , ill have to see. thanks for the link tho!! =)

lonesoldier84

I order everything online and I have ordered a lot of stuff from kneedraggers.

It doesn’t give you the instant satisfaction of buying something in person, but you save a ton of money and you have a lot of selection.

viken

You also maybe check out http://www.revzilla.com/ i havent personally bought anything but i just might. i think they have a pretty good shipping/return/exhchange policy. Plus they have a video review of almost all products they carry…

heres a one piece from AStar http://www.revzilla.com/product/alpinestars-stella-julie-leather-one-piece-suit
                    Alpinestars Stella Julie Leather One Piece Suit at RevZilla.com

or a two piece AStar http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-stella-monza-2pc-leather-suit

Leah.Marie

i love the alpine stars but they dont even bring their womens race suits into canada anymore so theres no way of trying one on haha.. 🙁
                      but yes.. i like that site revzilla they have lots of nice stuff
                      i guess ill just have to keep looking, might just go with suomy jst because of the price…

ksharp

just get your size hammered out and get a suit online, cheaper by far

SilvrAngl

Thought I’d ask in this thread instead of creating a new one.  😀

When buying jackets and pants, how fitted should it be?  I bought a men’s 2 piece JR from GW at the time because I was in need of gear before riding out on the roads (I just felt safer) and most of the ladies pants that tried (less the uber expensive Dainese from Blackfoot which fit awesome  :'() all was soooo low that I swear my ass would probably hang out  😮

Anyhow, I was told from a fellow rider that I met from a ride group a few weeks ago, that it was waaaaay to big for me!  The jacket and pants are size 40, which I now realize I should be a 36 perhaps…oops beginner mistake :-[  The owner at GW told me it was a good fit so I believed her because it fitted nicely (or so I thought that was the way it was suppose to be). 

I’m 5’3″ and just under 120lbs.  After searching online I think I’m a small, but when I do try the small in pants it’s quite snug with pants under and the jacket is super duper tight!  These are textile apparel…haven’t tried leather as I’m still debating on breath-ability for airflow so I don’t cook during hotter weather.

So not wanting to make that mistake again, I’m reaching out to all of you on how “fitted” I should get my gear?  My helmet is good…don’t think I can go smaller than x-small, but do question if HJC shell is too soft and flexible over time after it packs down?

Sorry….lots of questions.  Oh…where in Calgary would I be able to find good boots?  I have small feet size 6 so it’s been tough to find anything to try on.  Thinking of getting Alpine or Sidi.  :-\  Anyone try Gaerne?

Thanks!  ;D

viken

how about this: how much flapping around (of jacket/suit) do you want when at speed?

its also better to get a number size sorted out…. not by s, xs, med… the likes… check out size charts from different brands and measure yourself

if you buy stuff from UK theres lots of options… plenty! nobody from there ride in jeans and textile jackets… just sayin 😀

BadExample

🙂

SilvrAngl

So I was told that for leathers it needs to be “fitted”, as in tight, but not so tight that it restricts you from breathing.  😮

I think I now have gone to every motorcycle shop there is in Calgary and have only seen 3 places that have nice jackets (Blackfoot, Bow & Walt Healy).  Dido on leather pants that have knee protection  :'(  Guess looking at the end of the season doesn’t quite help either…  ::)

Tried on a pair of JR Trixie last night that I found on kijiji, was nice but I think that the small was still a bit big as I had to cinch it up to the last button possible.  Seriously, I don’t think I’m that tiny because I tried it over pants that I had on…. I think sizing needs to be standardized. 

Well….still on the hunt.  If anyone has any good online sites or in town stores to recommend that they have bought from, I’m open to suggestions.  🙂  Already looked on kneedraggers, riders discount, motorcycle superstore, bikers den, bike bandit.

viken

Or perhaps you want a custom made one that would fit you as a glove!? a buddy of mine got his from http://www.portogear.com and was able to get a deal from them, if i remember 3-400 shipped. Im considering getting mine from them for next season

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.