Just day rides from home !!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 958 voices, and was last updated by  Bullseye December 18, 2014 at 12:07 am.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Bullseye

Today (since it's a holiday)…..decided to tour around some country roads around home that I haven't been on in a while (some since high school). Went down some old 4×4 trails and down roads that haven't been developed. (Where a road should be but isn't).
      Great day for exploring and just relaxing and seeing new sites !!! Still getting use to the KLR and riding on gravel, sand, dirt, grass. Getting practiced up for my trip to "the Island" at the end of June !!!  ;D
      Put on about 100kms just fooling around !! Great day !!

Bullseye

Got in a few rides last year !! Did the Victoria Trail (by Fort Sask), out to Forestburg’s power plant, Rocky, and few other day rides. Never got to the FTR or Brazeau Dam but hope to this year….planning a good trip in July (3rd week) to BC kootenays and USA. Just something easy and fun.
        Can’t wait for ALL this crappy weather to go away and get back on two wheels !!!  😮

madjak30
            • Senior Contributor

I barely got any riding in last season…with moving & visiting kids…bike was in storage most of the time because I had to be out of my house by August and didn’t rent a new place until September…kids went with wife (soon to be ex…), so I stayed in my trailer for a while and crashed at friends places a couple of times. Also seemed to rain almost every time I was home from camp (work), so that sucked too…

Still thinking of getting new wheels for two up riding this season, since the MT-01 is quite sucky for a passenger (pegs are too high for my 15 yr old, never mind the GF) Absolutely no idea what I want, since I seem to want one of everything  😮 ::) ;D

Later.

Bullseye

Still doing local stuff. Been out and about Lacombe and Ponoka areas the last 3 days !!! Great weather, and some cool roads to investigate.

Sure love my bike…lots of gravel travel this year !!!  8)

Michaeltah

Nice report, looks like the weather we are having too.
              Hiked today, so wet just from the humidity

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.