Helmet without safety approval

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 16hypen3sp 16hypen3sp May 21, 2017 at 10:16 am.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ljd789
    Participant

I just bought a AGV Helmet from some Italy website, when I looked around the help, it doesn’t have any DOT, CSR, BSI or SNELL sticker on it. I found a QR code on the helmet, when I scan the code, it will show me the helmet identification.

How can I wear this helmet without any saftey approved in North America ? 😂😂😂😂

16hypen3sp
      16hypen3sp
      Participant

Your helmet will be ECE 22.05 certified. The certified label will be inside the helmet, most likely sewn into the chin strap. That certification (ECE 22.05) is recognized by the Alberta standards. Where the law becomes unclear is here – Does the helmet have to display a label on the exterior that faces outwards for the police to see?

From what I can tell, no such law exists. This was discussed more on Beyond. Here is the link. It should be very helpful to you.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/403250/helmet-law-question-/

Edit: You could just put a DOT sticker on it.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by 16hypen3sp 16hypen3sp.
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.