Go Pro Hero vs Go Pro Hero 2 and other cameras

• This topic has 814 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gabriella

I have really been admiring the videos you guys have put up and plan to do a lot of touring on my bike including some more distant destinations and was wondering which one to go with.
      So far from what I have read, Go Pro is the way to go. Is that consensus or have some people had troubles/disappointments with them? Is there a different video camera you would recommend?

If Go Pro is the best choice, my other question is: Is it really worth it to fork over the extra $100 some for the Go Pro Hero 2 or is the Go Pro Hero original just fine still (I am newly graduated from University so if I don't have to spend the extra hundred, I'd rather not)? What's the difference? (I've read the numbers but I have found that with electronics, it's more telling to hear about application and performance from other users than judge by the numbers)

madjak30
          • Senior Contributor

I have a VholdR (Contour) and it works decent, but I think the GoPro might be the better choice.  I’d like to pick one up and have both  ;D

As for the difference between the two GoPros…I have no idea, but the original one that my buddy has works just fine…unless you are going to be doing some serious productions, get the cheaper one…

Later.

Gabriella

Ya no serious productions, just looking for something to showgfamily and friends where I have been. The equivalent of a nice point-and-shoot in a motorcycle camera.

madjak30
              • Senior Contributor

I think the GoPro is the one…more common and easier to find brackets and everything for…

Plus, the more cameras on a ride the better…Later

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.