Ferry from Port Hardy – Prince Rupert ?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 880 voices, and was last updated by  Bullseye July 4, 2013 at 2:26 am.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Bullseye

Planning a trip to "the Island" in 2013 !!!  ;D
      I figure if I go all the way out there for a nice trip I should maybe take the ferry from Port Hardy to Prince Rupert and come home thru Prince George and Home !!
      Has anyone done the "ferry ride" ?? Good idea…bad idea??? Best month to go?? (thinking June). I have done a little research …….and it sounds like quite incrediable trip !! 15 hr ferry ride.
      Does anyone know how the roads are from Prince Rupert to Prince George ?
      Man………I can't wait to hear from everyone and for me to continue planning !!!
      Darn winter !!! :'(

Bullseye

No one has done the ferry trip ?????

Gerrys02800

I did many moons ago, but nothing to give you a heads up on anything. Have you checked any ADV forums ?

Bullseye

Pre-booked the ferry ride from Port Hardy to Prince Rupert last night ……… 😮 Holy Smokes …I did a little research on costs BUT didn’t expect $500 for me and my bike !!!  :'(  (Ohhh well it’s only money ! LOL)
            Booked it and still looking forward to the trip !! Should be a good time !! 15 hr ferry ride that’s suppost to be incrediable !! Got a “comfy chair”(costs extra) for the ferry ride too. Chairs are suppost to be good for viewing the “sights” and hopefully for some zzzz’s too !! I will be too excited to sleep probably any way !!  ;D

Gerrys02800

That Ferry trip was the longest of my life…. I get sick on boats. When I take the ferry from Vanc to Victoria I have to walk around and only sit down for short spells or its lunch overboard.

Bullseye

Yeah ….hopefully I am ok with “ferry rides” !!! LOL
                I have no issues on the short ones….. (Kootenay lake, Arrow lake, Tsawwassen,etc)
                It will be a very long trip if I am “sea-sick” !!!  😮

tpadams
                Participant

let me know how it goes, it looks like a really nice ferry ride

Bullseye

;D I made it ….and it was one of the most interesting and incredible things I ever done !! First, I didn’t get sick !! Second… it was the fastest 15 hrs of my life !! Got to see so much wildlife…like 6 whales.. including orcas…dolphins… a seal… at least 4 eagles….and the waterfalls, etc !! If you ever get a chance to go on this ferry do it !!! Cost a bit BUT it was one of the most relaxing and beautiful things I have ever done !!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.