Favorite Road in B.C. ????

This topic contains 15 replies, has 1,975 voices, and was last updated by  Bullseye July 4, 2013 at 2:44 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Bullseye

What is your favorite road to ride a motorcycle on in B.C. ?????

Mine…hands down…. is …..

Highway 3a from Creston north to the Kootenay Ferry !!! Incrediable views of the mountains and Kootenay Lake !! Very nice twisty road and a few places to stop for pics or a beverage !!! About a hours ride and then a relaxing ferry ride across to Balfour. Then if you ride 20 mintues (or less) north you can hang out at Ainsworth HotSprings. Very nice after a long days ride !!!

Anyone else have favorite roads in B.C. ??

Faz

1) Kaslo to New Denver

2)Creston to Kootenay Bay – Bet this is madjak’s #1 fav  😛

There are many favourite spots to pull over for a beverage or a snack, or even pics, but if it is to ride then definitely the above two  🙂

madjak30
            • Senior Contributor

Creston to Kaslo…the whole ride is excellent (even if you have to ride half of it as pillion on a viffer  ??? ), why let a little think like a Season Ending Crash change your opinion of a great ride!?!?

But really, is there a bad road to ride in BC??

Later.

uber_poutine
          Participant

Ya, we (Faz, Madjak and I) had a weekend adventure there in September – It was a lot of fun, except for when we were running into difficulties (getting broken keys re-made, crashed bike, etc). My favorite bit was from Sylvan to Radium, lots of twisties. Looking forward to having another try this summer. We’ll definitely need to stop at the hot springs this time though, maybe stretch out the trip a little.

Ghost lake is really pretty, although the riding is only so-so compared to the above.

@Madjak: only the ones being patrolled  ;D

madjak30
                • Senior Contributor

I’m going slower next time…meet you at the gas station  😉 …oh yeah, kinda like last time  ;D

Later.

uber_poutine
              Participant

Don’t  be jealous just cause you can’t keep up on that freaky sport-muscle hybrid that you ride 😉

Although, maybe if we stop more often my wife will want to ride with me. Apparently riding for the sake of the experience isn’t enough for her.

Bullseye

Yeah Kaslo to New Denver is another Favorite for sure !!

Another one I rode thats a gooder is ……. Hwy 6 from Nakusp to the Fauquier Ferry across to Needles then across the mountains to Vernon !!  And if you are lucky (like us) ..they let you off the ferry first and get to enjoy the curves and views with all the slow cars behind you. Only a BMW with a couple girls was able to keep up with us between Needles and Vernon !!

Gerrys02800

I expect to see you guys on at least 1 trip with me to BC this year. I leave Edm on a friday and home by Sunday. First ride… I hope to BC will be May long weekend.

Some of my favorite roads in that neck of the woods.
                    Banff to Revelstoke – I love the mountains, tunnels and corners.
                    Revelstoke to Galena Bay Ferry – Nakusp HWY 23
                    Vernon to Nakusp  HWY 3
                    The fore mentioned Nelson – Kalso – New Denver.
                    Castlegar – Christina Lake – to Trail BC. Once your in trail, cross the bridge and head out of town but turn at 3B/22 Scholfield hwy. Your first RH turn, wat your lean, your boots, your footpeg then go thru the towns and the hills and hit the curves as you make your way up. At the cross  section of 22/3B, follow 3B as this takes you back to the #3 and head to Vernon where you have some other nice corners.
                    Radium Springs to Banff #93. There is a great section there for corners. Watch for Bus’s and cagers reading maps. Extreme Caution.

tucsondog
                    Participant

Highway 93 between the trans canada and Radium Hot Springs.
                      Have a look on google earth.
                      And remember 90, it’s a national park… mind you, it doesn’t say kph… just saying 😉

madjak30
                          • Senior Contributor

Yup, that’s a nice road…the first half from Banff is not too exciting, but the lower half near Radium is nice & twisty…but you need to check Hwy 3a in BC…from Creston to Kaslo is just awesome!!  Even if the speed limit is only 60kph for the last half of the road, at 60-80kph it is a pretty tight road… ;D

Later.

Faz

I expect to see you guys on at least 1 trip with me to BC this year. I leave Edm on a friday and home by Sunday. First ride… I hope to BC will be May long weekend.

It seems like we have a few ppl here now that would like to do 2 – 3 day trips so post up when ever you plan to ride and hopefully we should have a few group rides.

I have quite a few vacation days so I’m up for that trip little longer than the weekend.

madjak30
                              • Senior Contributor

I may be having a change at work…thinking of stepping out of the Corporate office and back into a Project Management role at work…not quite sure of the implications to my riding schedule and availability…hopefully there isn’t too much change, but I will be finding that stuff out tomorrow…at least I will be asking the questions before signing…

I’m getting bored and too comfortable in my office chair…so time for change…

Later.

Gerrys02800

I dont mind booking 2 days off, a stat Holiday and the sat/sun to do a longer trip.

delusionalmechanic
                              delusionalmechanic
                              Participant

Bullseye

Just back (past weekend) from a quick ride out to Radium to Golden then Home (by Lacombe). The road between Radium and Golden is sure nice and relaxing. Nice sweeping curves and great mountain views.  The weather was still decent and roads weren’t too busy. Pretty enjoyable !! Sure enjoyed the road from Lake Louise to Sask. River Crossing too .(I know that road isn’t in BC !! )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.