Exhaust

This topic contains 28 replies, has 2,170 voices, and was last updated by  AmazonAngela March 6, 2011 at 7:46 pm.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Gerrys02800

Har har……

lonesoldier84

I love it. Just don’t stop.

Gerrys02800

Kinda thinking out Loud here, Mabey Next weekend we Ought to go for a Pancake breakfast ?

AmazonAngela

Thanks I really needed that chuckle  ;D.  I’m waiting to hear back from the dealership I’m buying it from on what he finds out.  I called today to find out what “warranty issues” keep recurring on my model, and one of the dealerships told me as long as its race tuned and I change the air flow it doesn’t void even with the pipes I’m interested in, so, now I’m waiting to see what mine dealership says, like I told the salesman, you want me to rig it up, buy the extended warranty (and I know how much they make on that)…yet your people are telling me I’ll void all warranties sooo, ya want my money or not, lol.  Anyways happy freezing everyone!

lonesoldier84

Best way to find out about the warranty isn’t through a salesman or the dealer. Call the manufacturer and get in touch with the people who actually deal with the warranty. If they give you the go-ahead, make sure you get it logged and verified somehow so you can refer back to their assurances in the future. Maybe record the phone call if you can.

madjak30
                  • Senior Contributor

Make contact using e-mail…then you have documented proof either way…

Sometimes on a phone call you get a quick answer that isn’t necessarily the right answer…with an e-mail they have time to verify info they are passing on.

Later.

Gerrys02800

To add to Lones / Madjaks post if I may * No legal advice-not a lawyer – just life based information*

Angela,

As you mentioned, your just about to buy the bike ??

Although Lone is correct in calling the OEM themselves to get a better understanding of their warranty, even if recorded, you will not have a leg to stand on. reason, that person whom you spoke with, was not authorized in the technical aspects of the conversation and no longer works here. See how I just finished your claim to warranty.

From your orig post. If your salesman is telling you that it will be covered, get him to write it on the sales contract before you sign it. Make sure that it states that any work done to the exhaust and mapping system with an approved system ( make sure he notes the system ) will be covered by Harley Davidson warranty.

If he tells you that it will only be covered by the “extended service warranty” then make sure that the following is noted on your sales contract as a precondition of sale.

* Who provides the extended warranty – Harley Davidson Canada ( Deeley Canada ) or 3rd party.
                  * If it is 3rd part, make sure subsection / reference is noted down.

have him sign and print his name. then you sign it.

It then becomes a legal binding contract, as the condition/terms of the sale are based on the Exhaust mods falling under warranty as the pre-mentioned condition of the sale.

If he does not sign it. try another deal, if no one signs it. You are on your own to take the chance.

It may seem like work, but, if you want to ensure your ride is protected, you must do it.

lonesoldier84

I nominate Gerry for class president.

jon

I nominate Gerry for class president.

8)
                      I second that motion…….all in favour  ;D

lonesoldier84

Aye.

Gerrys02800

Ha !! to funny.  😉

AmazonAngela

Ah thanks everyone, you have no idea how much I appreciate the information.  This is my first big buy and I really really really want to get everything right.  I’ve an appointment set up for the 19th, so I’ll take your advise and get it in writing.  Hopefully.  And don’t you need three Aye’s to finalize…Aye…done deal.  By the way if any of you make it to Drayton you’ll have to look me up…I owe ya at least a beer!
                            Thanks
                            Angela

Gerrys02800

Good luck with the buy. Make sure you work a parts discount into the deal as well. Drayton is always on the list as a drive to spot. 2 hours away.

jon

Good luck with the buy. Make sure you work a parts discount into the deal as well. Drayton is always on the list as a drive to spot. 2 hours away.

8)
                                Yeppers,  the 3 points included above are seconded …however D.V is only an hour and a bit away 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.