Enduro Riding – Jacket and pants ???

This topic contains 4 replies, has 974 voices, and was last updated by  Bullseye February 9, 2013 at 5:23 pm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Bullseye

I just bought a new KLR and want to go on a few trips this year .

What "brand" of jacket and pants do you recomend ??
      I want something decent for 3 season wear and has some protection ??
      Easy to clean when dirty ??
      Cost ??
      Thanks !!

Gerrys02800

I am looking at Olympia gear, 3 shells but shop around because some of the dealers here charge to much. Best thing is to wait about a month, thats when the dealers start to being out their summer gear. Most of them still have their winter cloths out, I was pretty much everywhere on Sat. I forgot that you had a KLR, all we have do is find LoneSldr and we can go for a trip. I am looking at a XR650L in the next while, add to the stable and looking forward to teaching my wife to ride her 650F.

Bullseye

Gerry,
          I was looking on the ‘net…and Olympia gear is what interested me too !!

For sure ….on going for a ride !! Keep us posted on what and when you get your bike !!

Gerrys02800

There are a few big dealers in Spokane that you can get your gear from including Cycle Gear a person can score a great deal. If you can find them online in the USA for a cheap price( $389.00 on sale for $199 ) then money you save of the cost, the freight to Canada pays for a nice little side trip.

Over a long weekend, add 1 day off to it for a 4 day trip: Leave after work and make it to Fernie,
            Day1: leave early am to Spokane – 4hrs away, go shopping and head back towards the border but stay in the USA over night, Kettle Falls area
            Day2:Take HWY 395 to Grand Forks, take the “over the mountain route-Gladestone Provincial Park” poke around on some side trails along the Arrow Lakes to Edgewood BC, cross the ferry and head towards towards Naksup. next day see where you are for time and then head towards Revelstoke, cross the Ferry.

Great way to get gear and new tires while your at Cycle Gear as they mount them.

Bullseye

When I was in Calgary on Thursday  (+10 and sunny)……I picked up a “Truimph” jacket and pants set !!! “Kalahari” edition. Dark sand and black. Wind-proof, water-proof , with some nice venting and some armor too !! They both have liners…so good for cooler weather !!
              We will see how they work in the real world !! Can’t wait to try them out !!
              Hhhhhmmmmm….I could almost go for a ride NOW !!!! LOL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.