Dualsport Panniers ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 795 voices, and was last updated by  Bullseye June 23, 2013 at 3:12 am.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Bullseye

Well….since I like to travel on my bikes ….I have been looking for a set of panniers for my KLR that I bought in December . Looked at and researched many different styles and kinds….SW Motech, Givi, Micatech, Jesse, and many, many more . Then thought about soft luggage….but wanted something a little more weather tight (and water and mud) for trips …especially if going on gravel and secondary roads.

So after lots of mulling over ……………….I ordered a set of "jesse" bags for my KLR !! A little pricey but lots of good reviews on them. I really like how close they mount to bike (helps with wind resistance), and how the bags can move 5-6 inches forward and aft depending on having a passenger or not. Bags look very well constructed and should work good for what I need/want !!!

Any one else own "Jesse's" ??  or other types of panniers ?? Likes/Dislikes ? Pros/Cons ??

Gerrys02800

I friend of mine had a KLR 650 and now has a 2013 KTM 990, and on both units he had the Jessie bags and zero compliants and lots of complimants.

I think that when I put bags on my bike it will be the Wolfman mount kit and the Expedition dry saddle bags. I have the Givi set on my VFR and it is the greatest thing every. Unhook it and carry in to the hotel, stays locked onto the bike, water proof. Perfect. You may want to look at some sort of additional LED brake light system rather than just the stock light.

Bullseye

Recieved the Jesse’s last week and mounted them. Build quaility is great …very nice and well constructed. Mounts are a little work to put on bike…did 80% of the work myself …but a buddy did help abit for lining some stuff up (I need to grow more hands !! LOL) .
          I really like how the bags mount so close to bike without sticking out !! Have taking them for a couple of good runs now and they seem very sturdy . 😀

Bullseye

I also ordered a set of pannier liners from Cee Baileys……now I should be set for touring on the KLR !!  ;D

Bullseye

After packing them up for my BC trip……………. wish they were a little bigger !! Well, maybe not…I would just take more s———stuff !!! LOL  ???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.