*cough cough*

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3,080 voices, and was last updated by  Oneway May 14, 2011 at 12:56 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Oneway

Yo.

I'm pretty stupid when it comes to picking places to ride, since I'm thinking about moving off of Vancouver Island with my bike and coming back home to Edmonton.  No work out here!  Boooo…..

Anyway, hoping to ride out at Stratotech when I get out that way.  Any other track fiends on here?
      Anybody else waiting for the zombie apocalypse? Join forces maybe?  We'll talk later.

Ze bike…

Gerrys02800

Welcome to the forum and if you want to trade homes let me know. Gawd stay on the island and collect UI. Things are getting busy here but most places are still on the ” cant hire yet ” wagon including the place I work. Vancouver Island or the Kootenay region for us in 1 year.. the plan anyways. UNLESS of course the zombie apocalypse happens then you can find me at the West Edm Mall.

PS: if you look dead and can only mutter ” UUUUuunnnn Brains”, you will be before you get to the door…

madjak30
            • Senior Contributor

I don’t get the zombie apocalypse reference…my kids came home today asking me if the world was going to end on May 21st…WTF??  Just a coincidence, or is there a movie or something coming out??

I just don’t get it… 😮

Maybe I need to watch more TV so that I see adds for movies??

Later.

madjak30
              • Senior Contributor

Sorry man, totally forgot to welcome you to the crew…my bad… :-[

Where on the Island are you from??  I lived in Nanaimo for a few years when I was a kid…(yeah, yeah, save the cracks guys…)

Anyway…welcome to the forum…and nice ride, similar to viken…and I’m glad you luv cops, cuz the cops in Edmonton luv bikes…  ;D …just ask Faz…(sorry, not supposed to bring that up  ::) )

Later.

Faz

Sorry man, totally forgot to welcome you to the crew…my bad… :-[

Where on the Island are you from??  I lived in Nanaimo for a few years when I was a kid…(yeah, yeah, save the cracks guys…)

Anyway…welcome to the forum…and nice ride, similar to viken…and I’m glad you luv cops, cuz the cops in Edmonton luv bikes…  ;D …just ask Faz…(sorry, not supposed to bring that up  ::) )

Later.

>:(

In short, I came to Edmonton for work…
              After 8 hours of work I went out for a ride…
              Got a $230 fine (for no red rear reflectors and, riding more than 200m whtever away from my learner buddy)

So, I made $10 that day!!

viken

Welcome!

Oneway

Thanks for the welcome guys.  I’m totally ready for the zombie ‘pocolypse!  Still working on picking up a new VTR 😉

As for work, I’m not too worried.  I belong to two different unions, so I will probably come out there on a travel card.  It’s just so much easier to get into the housing market… prices are double out here.

I’m in Victoria.  You think you guys have speeding bad?  If we’re caught doing 40kph over or more, your vehicle now gets impounded on the spot for minimum 7 days and you lose your license for a minimum of a few weeks plus face thousands of dollars in fines, impound fees and points on your license, not to mention jacked up insurance rates.

Any welders / fabricators on the board?

Faz

I’m in Victoria.  You think you guys have speeding bad?  If we’re caught doing 40kph over or more, your vehicle now gets impounded

Its the same in Alberta, aint it ?? 50kph over and the vehicle gets impounded.

Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, New Brunswick… and maybe Ontario.. all those places too in my experience and knowledge.
                    Probably the rest of Canada has similar laws for speeding.

But I’ve never really heard of a ‘rear reflector’ fine anywhere else than Edmonton… you have those in Victoria ??

Nevertheless, I’ve heard no better about most parts of BC.

Gerrys02800

Faz, in refrence to your fine and above statement, all bikes have to have side and rear reflectors just like trailers, a bus etc etc. Federal Transport Act shows what is required.

Go to table IV, count 7 down to the “Reflex Reflectors” and look at the motorcycle listing.

It list red for qty of 1 for the rear, 1 red for each side of the bike and Amber as foar forward ( front forks for most bikes).

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/safevehicles-mvstm_tsd-tsd-1080rev4_e-688.htm#_Toc%20S5.1

Rember ladies and gents, if you buy a Motorcycle, trailer or vehicle that has been moded in any way, you need  to find out what was done: IE ” Fender removal kit” which eliminates your rear relectors……… or Kaching $$$$$. Its like all the people that ride with their plate bent up, thats just asking for a ticket. As for your signals sticking out past your bike, he would be wrong on that.

tpadams
                      Participant

Welcome to the site.

And the signals don’t have to be past the bike, mine are smack dab in the center of the bike, but i don’t think i have the rear deflectors, i have all the ones on the side…..i’lll have to check that out.

If you want to be prepared for the zombie apocalypse you should read the zombie survival guide.

lonesoldier84

Welcome to the site brother

Tracknight Monday the 16th 5-9pm and then may long weekend there will be two back to back full days of 9-5. Have to check to see which two days though.

Then the Sunday after that on the 28th is EMRA round 1 you should come check out the action.

@ Faz…good thing you have that reflector now. Before you were invisible. Now you’re invisible….with a reflector.

Bert

Hi Oneway!!
                            Good to hear from another Brother. I’ve been out of Local 488 since 1997. Hope you find that cherry of a VTR. I just came back from picking up two 2008 ZX10r’s from Lethbridge that were still in the crate for $8700.00 each. For 1000cc bikes, those are great deals. (Considering they were $15800.00 two years ago) Guys can just phone Honda Canada or Kawi Canada, ask them to do a search in whatever Province, and they’ll tell you which dealership has what you’re looking for in stock. Amazing how much money you save buying older “new” bikes. By the way, I’ve been putting in for calls here at Suncor and travel cards have been grabbing all the slips which tells me that you can easily grab a job here at the MNU project at Suncor. Hope to see you and good luck!!

viken

Does having a red 3 stars and a sun reflectors on the back of my helmet count??  :-\

Faz

Faz, in refrence to your fine and above statement, all bikes have to have side and rear reflectors just like trailers, a bus etc etc. Federal Transport Act shows what is required.

Go to table IV, count 7 down to the “Reflex Reflectors” and look at the motorcycle listing.

It list red for qty of 1 for the rear, 1 red for each side of the bike and Amber as foar forward ( front forks for most bikes).

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/safevehicles-mvstm_tsd-tsd-1080rev4_e-688.htm#_Toc%20S5.1

Rember ladies and gents, if you buy a Motorcycle, trailer or vehicle that has been moded in any way, you need  to find out what was done: IE ” Fender removal kit” which eliminates your rear relectors……… or Kaching $$$$$. Its like all the people that ride with their plate bent up, thats just asking for a ticket. As for your signals sticking out past your bike, he would be wrong on that.

I knoww, I know.. I kid, I kid..!

Not denying the rule for reflectors Gerry, just saying I’ve got a new hobby now driving around different parts of the city and counting road legal bikes.
                                *I havent bumped into you as yet so the count is still zero  :P*

I mean no, not even that.. I meant to not classify speeding fines as ‘unreasonable’.. be it Victoria or Edmonton.

Oneway

Hi Oneway!!
                                  Good to hear from another Brother. I’ve been out of Local 488 since 1997. Hope you find that cherry of a VTR. I just came back from picking up two 2008 ZX10r’s from Lethbridge that were still in the crate for $8700.00 each. For 1000cc bikes, those are great deals. (Considering they were $15800.00 two years ago) Guys can just phone Honda Canada or Kawi Canada, ask them to do a search in whatever Province, and they’ll tell you which dealership has what you’re looking for in stock. Amazing how much money you save buying older “new” bikes. By the way, I’ve been putting in for calls here at Suncor and travel cards have been grabbing all the slips which tells me that you can easily grab a job here at the MNU project at Suncor. Hope to see you and good luck!!

I guess I should have specified on the VTR…

I was talking Remington 😉

Is 488 out of Edmonton?  I can either pull a travel card through 324 or 191 out here in Vic, or just transfer to 146 or 488.  Not sure which way to go yet though.  Not sure if I’ll be able to make the track days this month, will have to wait till I’ve made the move out that way!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.