Best gear shops

This topic contains 9 replies, has 1,500 voices, and was last updated by  Faz April 4, 2015 at 7:42 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Faz

What would be the best places for gear shopping in Calgary and Edmonton ??
      I'm looking for some helmets, cold gear and bags.

lonesoldier84

that I know of:

biggest gear selection in edmonton = argyll motorsports

biggest in alberta = blackfoot motorcycle

Faz

Ya.
          Sometimes the smaller shops have the best sales persons and prices.
          Argyll is good, lots to select from.. over all the best of places I have been in edmonton so far.
          Where as blackfoot is well known for dumb sales persons, with an attitude..
          Havent been around to calgary shops much..

viken

GroundPilots.com/GW Cycle (calgary) holds a sale at the start of each season, they just had this year’s today!

Leah.Marie

GW usually will give a discount tho for just being nice lol. I’d say look there if your looking to the best prices..

uber_poutine
              Participant

Keep an eye out on kijiji for everything except for helmets. I’ve had good luck on ebay with those, although I think that there won’t be many deals until the Snell 2010 standard gets obsolete in 2015. With luck you could still find some snell 2005 standard closeouts.

Michaeltah

The best ones are the ones you are wearing when its cold. I also have the Gerbings. Zero complaints.

ABLE

When it comes to buying gear, if you’re ordering from Parts Canada, most places have the same prices so it’s all a matter of finding a place with good sales staff.  In Edmonton Argyll has the largest accessories department and since their management change their staff have improved.  I’ve been going to Scona Cycle for 10 years now because of the great service I’ve always received, although their accessories department is not as flush with stock as Argyll.

I would say it may be worth your while to stop in at Turple Brothers in Red Deer if you’re passing through.  A riding buddy goes through there often and each time he stops in there’s always deals to be had.

madjak30
                        • Senior Contributor

The staff at Turple Bros are great to deal with too…I’ve bought a few jackets, helmets and a couple bikes from them.

Bullseye

Turples has been always been good to me !!! 😀

Another gooder place is …. GW Cycle World in Calgary ….tons of helmets and stuff there !!! Almost over whelming !!!  😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.