Alberta Motorcycle Insurance Providers

This topic contains 30 replies, has 25,398 voices, and was last updated by Ryan Ryan May 15, 2011 at 10:23 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

viken

what about these guys?

https://secure.primmum.com/en/home

Aren’t they the ones from TD Insurance?

Bert

Being tired of getting raped by insurance companies for 15 years, I was talked into phoning one that my friends at the racetrack are using. The quotes I received for all the vehicles including the race car would save me an obscene amount of money. Even after telling them that my hemi Ram pickup was modified with a 6.1L and sporting a small turbo, the agent told me that it wasn’t a problem and I could get them appraised for full replacement value. They have separate departments for different motorsports. I cancelled my old policies with the crooks at Wawanesa Insurance and phoned the good people at TSG Insurance. Talk about pain-free. All was completed in 5 minutes. Now for the interesting part…I rode to Sturgis on my ZX10R Ninja from Peace River where I coincidentally met our forum administrator Ryan. Read his trip report “I rode mine to Sturgis 2010”. Anyway, during my time there, I was T-boned by a drunk driver with a ’66 Mustang running a stop light. My bike pretty much exploded. Note: I may have been the only rider in Sturgis wearing full gear. A destroyed right knee, and busted body armor is all I suffered. After discharging myself from the emergency room, I called TSG Insurance and had an adjuster phone me within minutes. The adjuster felt my pain being a rider himself, and had things wrapped up quickly. By the time I dragged my busted ass off the plane and entered my home, a cheque from TSG was in my pile of mail. The amount covered me to buy a new 2008 ZX10R, again, and also covered the 4000 dollars of mechanical mods I had done. Who knew some insurance companies earned their money? 

The End…
        Until Sturgis 2011

tpadams
        Participant

That seems like an awesome insurance company, too bad about the accident though.

I used to be with TD but they tried to screw me out of $1000 bucks on my insurance plan then when i said no they tried to charge me $1400 for something i only had for a week and never even agreed to, that was for my car. As for my bike, they are trying to charge me for $400 more on a 800cc cruiser than what 3 other insurance companies have quoted me for a 1300cc tourer.

out of my limited experience with insurance companies, TD is by far the worst one. They don’t care about anyone or anything, except for money.

viken

Have y’all heard of Link Insurance?

http://www.linkinsurance.ca/

What do you think of them? Anybody had experience with them? Are they any good?

As per broker “one way coverage for 1 million liability would be $318 per year and full coverage would be $777 per year”, best rate I got so far…

Thanks!

tpadams
            Participant

never heard of them, have you tried Klondike insurance?
              I’ve gotten a quote for $530 with 1 million liability and $730 with that and fire/theft for a 1300cc tourer.
              they told me to wait a couple weeks because they apparently just signed a contract to be able to offer lower insurance rates, or something like that.

Bert

Before my mishap in Sturgis due to a drunk driver, my insurance rate was $132.00 through TSG insurance. I just insured my new “out of the crate” 2008 zx10r (again) for the same amount. I called Wawanesa Insurance afterwards for shits & giggles, and was quoted at $520.00. I still can’t explain the discrepancy. Friends and family members have all been switching over to TSG. Every few hundred bucks saved buys more bling for our rides!!

madjak30
                    • Senior Contributor

Jevco has been pretty good to me…although my machine is only 500cc, but I only pay $288 per year and that is with comprehensive (fire & theft) but no collision…that’s about half the amount I was quoted at other places…the only catch with them is that they pretty much won’t insure anything “high performance”…

I think I posted the “No-Go” list from Jevco on this thread already…also, they classify bikes by displacement…doesn’t matter if it is a cruiser or a sport touring bike…so a Ninja 650R is cheaper to insure than a Vulcan 900 Custom…and the 650 is definately higher performance and could get you into trouble quicker, but what ever…the price for insurance I was quoted was :

500 cc    $288
                  900 cc    $340
                  1000 cc  $370
                  1250 cc and over $439

That was with the same coverage described above…I don’t think the rates are too bad considering the fire & theft coverage…I’m sure the comp is around $100 per year…

Later.

uber_poutine
                  Participant

* The choice for motorcycles in Alberta – if you own a CBR125

Actually, I was just at my broker trying to get some insurance – They don’t cover cbr125’s, as they are “too small”…

*bangs head against table*

I hate insurance companies.

Romanus

Wow that is a head scratcher  ::)

madjak30
                          • Senior Contributor

* The choice for motorcycles in Alberta – if you own a CBR125

Actually, I was just at my broker trying to get some insurance – They don’t cover cbr125’s, as they are “too small”…

*bangs head against table*

I hate insurance companies.

Sounds like you need a different insurance broker, or atleast for him to go through a different insurance company…what would they have said if you went in there asking about a scooter??  Doesn’t sound like they are “bike friendly”…maybe ask your broker if he can get you insurance through one of the above listed insurance companies…it will probably save you money as well…

Otherwise, I would shop around for a different broker…there are lots out there…I had one that worked from his home, and came to your house to talk to you about your policy…very personal I thought…

Just a suggestion…

Later.

Glace

My broker is Meloche Monnex through TD and they’ve been great so far. I have an 03 Suzuki VZ800 and I’m paying $160/year.

Faz

TD still SUCKSS !!  😛

Gerrys02800

TD still SUCKSS !!  😛

Like a hooker standing at port when the USS Enterprise docks from 8 month tour at sea.

Anonymous

I find that Nordic was cheapest for my CBR 600, which is on a lot of insurance blacklists. I’m paying just over $600/year, and everyone else was quoting me over $800

Faz

I find that Nordic was cheapest for my CBR 600, which is on a lot of insurance blacklists. I’m paying just over $600/year, and everyone else was quoting me over $800

What kind of coverage do you have ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.