2015 Season Openner…

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2,100 voices, and was last updated by  madjak30 July 4, 2015 at 1:10 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

madjak30
        • Senior Contributor

Yup, it's that time again…I post a thread like this every year and, well…this year will be different!

May 2nd…I think we should have a solid spring day by then…and I have the day off  😉

It doesn't have to be an epic ride, just a meet up would be nice…then we can plan a couple decent rides for the year…

Suggestions would be great!

68beaumont

Sounds awesome I am in.  Where we go does not matter to me. Big ride small one any ride.  I am a big fan of the west side of highway 2, Drayton Valley south to lake Louise you can never go wrong. Nice roads lower traffic volumes great for the tune up ride.

madjak30
            • Senior Contributor

We could meet up at the Timmies in Sylvan Lake, ride up past west side of Gull Lake and over to Ponoka. Another Timmies there (I like my coffee  :D), then south on 2a. I’d be leaving you at Lacombe,  but you guys could finish up in Red Deer or where ever…

My route idea…

MAP

Later.

BBG

Id like to take part, but its a little ways out of my way. We’ll see.

68beaumont

I’m in what time do you plan to meet at? it will be a nice little tune up ride for sure.

Bullseye

Hopefully we get more than 3 bikes this year, hey Madjak !! ??? LOL

Was good times and yeah hopefully we get more “rides” in this year !!!

tpadams
                Participant

I’ll be out of town working and if everything works out bikeless :'(

madjak30
                      • Senior Contributor

I’m hoping this year is different…the site seems to be gaining people this year, so that’s good!

As for a time, I’m not that organized…afternoon or evening is best for me. 2pm?

I’m not really into big organized rides, but a destination ride is good. Then everyone can just agree to meet by a certain time and ride their own ride.

I’d even be okay with a meet up on a regular basis, just to chat about riding and anything else going on…or plan to take part in some event…lots of things can happen.

And Troy, how is it working out if you are bikeless?  ::)

Nice to see a few are still poking around.

Later.

ABLE

I’d really like to meet up with some guys from this forum.  May 2nd weekend I’m working so I’m out for that ride, but look forward to getting together for a rip with some of y’all.

tpadams
                      Participant

The bike won’t be sitting around in the garage and I would be buying a new bike for next year

Faz

It doesn’t have to be an epic ride, just a meet up would be nice…then we can plan a couple decent rides for the year…

Wrong!! It does have to be an epic ride. But I wonder why your ride suggestions never loop south of Sylvan Lake!?!!

I’d suggest to meet and form groups in respective cities (Calgary, Red Deer, Ed) and then ride to meet at some spot like the SRCrossing.
                          If that doesn’t work for everybody then some Calgary fellas should do this atleast. I’m in for a ride from Calgary to the River Crossing – either first or second weekend of May.

tucsondog
                          Participant

Happy Spring everyone!
                            It’s been a while since I’ve been on this site, kind of lost my passion for group rides after my crash, but it’s good to be back.
                            I’ve got a crazy schedule but would love to meet up for some rides this summer. The last one I was on with people from this site was about 3 years ago and I still love to share the photos from that trip. (met up in SR Crossing and came back to Calgary). It was quite the adventure for sure!

BBG

It doesn’t have to be an epic ride, just a meet up would be nice…then we can plan a couple decent rides for the year…

Wrong!! It does have to be an epic ride. But I wonder why your ride suggestions never loop south of Sylvan Lake!?!!

I’d suggest to meet and form groups in respective cities (Calgary, Red Deer, Ed) and then ride to meet at some spot like the SRCrossing.
                              If that doesn’t work for everybody then some Calgary fellas should do this atleast. I’m in for a ride from Calgary to the River Crossing – either first or second weekend of May.

I like this idea.. are there many from edmonton on here? Im still waiting to get the bike, its in the shop waiting for some stupid little seal.

madjak30
                                  • Senior Contributor

Happy Spring everyone!
                                It’s been a while since I’ve been on this site, kind of lost my passion for group rides after my crash, but it’s good to be back.
                                I’ve got a crazy schedule but would love to meet up for some rides this summer. The last one I was on with people from this site was about 3 years ago and I still love to share the photos from that trip. (met up in SR Crossing and came back to Calgary). It was quite the adventure for sure!

Nice to see you still poking in here…haven’t heard from you since you were pushed wide and lost your GS. Bad day for sure!

Have you got a new bike?

As for Faz, feel free to make a suggestion…I have no problem going for longer rides, and heading south…could go south from Gasoline Alley to Olds, then north to Sylvan and back to Red Deer…or even head to Ponoka then south to Red Deer…just didn’t want people to feel that we needed a 500km loop for the first ride…I really enjoy riding out to Saskatchewan River Crossing…very nice ride.

You still on the Black Bird?

tucsondog
                                Participant

It was a pretty sad day, but I’ve healed up and I have indeed got a new bike.
                                  My dad sold me his Matte black 2004 VFR800ABS Interceptor!
                                  Photos linked below
                                  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155051792805131.1073741843.681165130&type=1&l=e2555f33b7

I’ve since added side cases and a top case, tinted double bubble windscreen, heated grips, modified the exhaust, replaced 90% of the wiring harness, regulator/rect, stator, LED kits for the cases, 12V outlets, and a few other goodies.
                                  So far I’ve racked up around 1000km this season.
                                  I will stay tuned to a date and location for a ride!
                                  I’ve also got a Scala G9x now so I can chat along the way.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.