2014 season

• This topic has 533 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tpadams
    Participant

So, I have put a new windshield on my bike, changed the fork seal and engine oil….and now i'm just watching the snow and ice melt in my back alley.
      As soon as my alley is clear, i will be starting my riding season. hoping for this weekend.

madjak30
          • Senior Contributor

I haven’t been home in two weeks, so it will be interesting to see how the snow is doing in my backyard & alley…doubt I will get out, but who knows?

Later.

delusionalmechanicdelusionalmechanic
        Participant

I have also replaced fork seals, set valves, replaced dash light bulbs, updated GPS, made a new SD card for the MP3 player, changed oil, washed and waxed. I also have 500 meters of ice before I can get to the gravel road for a few miles before I can get to the pavement. For me to get out this weekend is a bit optimistic. :'(

tpadams
          Participant

I have about 10m of ice covered alley before i get to the nice clean road…but it’s supposed to rain and snow tonight  :'(

i’m thinking this weekend is too optimistic…probably be good next weekend

madjak30
                • Senior Contributor

Yup…back yard is still all snow, and my back alley is blocked by snow…going to be a couple of weeks yet.

I have a couple of things to get completed before I start even thinking of riding…might be a while  :-\

Later.

delusionalmechanicdelusionalmechanic
              Participant

Well, according to the 7 day forecast….
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkDvqQKGgDA

tpadams
                Participant

That video seems to tell the truth, last weekend they said it was supposed to be +10-12 this weekend

tpadams
                  Participant

I’m sorry to do this to you guys but i got my bike out for a ride today…30kms. just one day after i was hoping to get out, so not too bad. If the weather holds up for next weekend i might go for a few hours. I’ll just have to wait and see

madjak30
                        • Senior Contributor

I’m stuck in camp until 27th…but we’ll see how that weekend goes.

Going to be a busy weekend, so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to ride on the weekend itself but I may get out Monday or Tuesday…but more likely to be in April  :-\

I’m jealous, Troy…

Later.

GeeDub

Rode my bike up to the airport last Tuesday, fly home this Tuesday hoping the snow stays off of QE2 :-\…gotta love heated grips

madjak30
                            • Senior Contributor

Looking pretty seriously at a Honda ST1300…I like the range & the comfort. Just have to see if it is in the budget…I think it might just be  😉

Hope the QE2 holds out for you, I’m envious of all of the members that have already gotten in a ride or two this season!  It will be my turn soon…I hope  ::)

Later.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.