2014 Albertamoto Season Openner!

This topic contains 29 replies, has 2,002 voices, and was last updated by  madjak30 December 9, 2014 at 10:15 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

madjak30
        • Senior Contributor

Yes, it's getting close to that time again…last year was a bit of a non-season for me, but I want to get a few rides in this year starting with a season openner.

Anyone give this any thought yet?

I'm thinking April 25-27 or May 23-25 (my work schedule & personal life is wonky). Somewhere on those weekends…just thinking a meet & greet type of ride. I would ride to Calgary or Edmonton to meet up, or if you guys want to meet in Red Deer and have both Calgary & Edmonton groups ride out…very cool…or even Rocky Mountain House (tried that a few years ago & didn't get many takers…only one actually)

Anyway, speak up & let's get this season rolling!

Later.

BBG

Ill likely finally make a purchase in early may, so if its after that (may long) id try to be in.

ABLE

I’ll be off on parental leave with my little guy next month, so my weekends might be wonky, but the May weekend I’d likely be good to head down from Edmonton to Red Deer and go for a rip, weather permitting of course.

orangemadness106

New to the site, I am in for a season opener ride – the way the weather is going we may be looking at the May weekend! 

madjak30
                • Senior Contributor

I’m going to be going for a ride, aiming for May 24th (Saturday), if anyone is interested…thinking about doing a Timmies Loop…start in Lacombe at Timmies, go to Rocky Mountain House Timmies, then to Innisfail Timmies and home again…

Like this [glow=red,2,300]LINK[/glow]

Whacha think?

tpadams
              Participant

If i get new tires on my bike by then I’d be up for it, with one suggestion. Stop for Belgian waffles at the waffle trailer in red deer

delusionalmechanic
                delusionalmechanic
                Participant

Did someone say Coffee? MMMMM Coffee!

madjak30
                      • Senior Contributor

I guess that’s two in for the ride…maybe a few more?

Waffles at the end of the ride? Start earlier in the day and end around noon ish?

madjak30
                        • Senior Contributor

Anyone still in for May 24th, or should we plan a different date…I’m still riding.
                      I haven’t heard back from my insurance about getting insurance for the Honda…grrr, I’ll have to follow up on it  ::)

I may have to make a run down to sign papers on May 23rd…then run around & get registration…  :-\

tpadams
                      Participant

I won’t be getting new tires on my bike until the 30th, so I’m out…plus I’m in ft mac.
                        FYI madjak, when you need new tires for your st you should really think about getting pilot road 4 GTs

Bullseye

I am trying to switch shifts so I can go !!! Hopefully all will work out !!

Nice loop…quiet back highways …I travel those roads a bit ….pretty scenic !! I actually like the “Rainy Creek Road”  especially the “BIG hill” by Leslieville. A great view of the west !!! (Sorry off topic. LOL)

Can’t wait to put some miles on 2 wheels !!! Been a loooooong winter !!!

joyride1960

I’m in for this one – sounds like fun –
                            Hi Guys, my name is Mike and I just found this site and registered.
                            Hope we find a few more riders who like to “Vibe around in the sun  8) “
                            Can’t wait to meet you all… !

madjak30
                                • Senior Contributor

Welcome joyride1960, glad to have another local!

Hope to see you out there!  This is shaping up to be a much more active year on the site and riding. Can’t wait to see who shows up!

Later.

Bullseye

;D ;D ;D Sounds like I switched shifts at work…so I will most likey be there.(If life doesn’t get in the way) I have to be home by mid-afternoon but a morning ride should work !! Can’t wait !!!

madjak30
                                    • Senior Contributor

Will be cool to meet up with you again…haven’t talked to you since the bike show two years ago…time flys when you are having fun? Life gets in the way sometimes…  ::)

See you next Saturday.

Later.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.