2013 KGB – Kootenay Gut Buster

• This topic has 1,552 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    madjak30
        • Senior Contributor

Anyone interested in a weekend trip at the end of July?

The Annual Kootenay Gut Buster – KGB for short – is coming up on July 26 & 27
      If we can organize 10 or more to go, we can get a group price.  One of the comedians is a sometime contributing member to our site, living in Calgary.

Here's the link go the KGB website so that you can see all the details and what it's about.

I'm going regardless…I've wanted to go for the last few years, but haven't gotten there.

BC road trip end of July…I'll be driving my truck out to Kelowna with the bike on a trailer, then riding over to Crawford Bay to camp for two nights & enjoy the entertainment…who's in?   8)

Later.

tpadams
      Participant

maybe, if i can get it off from wherever i’ll be working. Plus, would also have to find out what to do with my dog

madjak30
            • Senior Contributor

Just did a schedule projection…WOOHOO!!  This is one of my weekends off!!

I guess no one knows if they are going yet…so I’m ordering my tickets…this will be a great road trip!

Later.

madjak30
              • Senior Contributor

Anyone else going to this?

I bought my tickets a few months ago & now my girlfriend is going with me instead of the ex-wife…so it should be much more fun!  😉

She loves riding on the bike, but now I think I need to look at changing bikes a little more seriously…something more comfortable for her…but still fun for me.  Love bike shopping!  8)

Hope to see you guys out there!

Later.

ABLE

What are you thinking of getting to replace the MT-01?

madjak30
                  • Senior Contributor

The MT-01 is staying, but I was thinking of a second bike…like an older Goldwing, or a fully dressed cruiser…but decided to wait until next season to know what my expenses are like (and where I will be living)

Want to take my time shopping, not going to rush. I love bike shopping anyway  ;D

Later.

madjak30
                    • Senior Contributor

I leave for the Kootenays tomorrow morning…this will be a good time!
                  Too bad a few of you couldn’t have made it, but I’ll take pics of the trip & post up!

Hope you guys have a great weekend, I know I will  😉

Later.

Gerrys02800

Enjoy the ride and keep it on the road.

8)

madjak30
                        • Senior Contributor

I’m trailering the bike there…don’t think the GF would appreciate a 10hr ride on the back of the MT-01. As for the keeping it on the road…I’m not riding with you guys, so taking it easy  ;D

The new woman is excited to go for rides with me…my buddy is coming with us & bringing his bagger, so we will probably swap bikes for the longer rides…didn’t want to rush into buying a bike right now (still thinking of a VStrom), I’m going to do some shopping this winter and decide on a style of bike to take for two up rides…MT-01 is staying in the family!  8)

Later.

madjak30
                          • Senior Contributor

Just so you know, you guys missed a great show! Two nights of beer & laughs!
                        I’m going again this year…new girlfriend too, so should be interesting!

Later.

BBG

You must be casa-nova.. you have a new gf on quite a few posts on here… lol

You guys starting to lose the snow down there? Im in grande prairie during the week, theres still lots here but its melting fast.

madjak30
                              • Senior Contributor

Just separated last March…so I’m on GF #2, but she seems to be a keeper!

I work just south of Ft Mac, so I’m not home too often…couldn’t tell you if there is still lots of snow. I head home tomorrow. Was pretty damn nice here today, lots of melting!

Later.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.