2005 Suzuki GSX1300R

This topic contains 7 replies, has 888 voices, and was last updated by  WindyCityAB_boy March 1, 2013 at 5:05 pm.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

WindyCityAB_boy

madjak30
          • Senior Contributor

Riding since 2011 and you’re on a ‘Busa…wow…and I thought I was bad jumping to the MT-01 after my first season, or did you start on the Suzuki?

Have you had it out touring?  If so, do you find it comfortable for longer rides?

Anyway, welcome to the forum.  Hopefully we can get a few rides in this year, but no one seems to be planning any…once my bike is back on the road, I’ll take the lead…

Later.

Gabriella

Ya I’m curious about whether these are comfortable too. I’ve been admiring these bikes (probably not one in my future for a long time but I can admire just for the sake of admiring).

WindyCityAB_boy

Well, I’m 6 feet tall, and I find the Hayabusa very comfortable. The only thing for me is the short windscreen, but I’ll be putting a Zero Gravity touring screen on it soon. Even so, I don’t mind crouching over the tank at speed – I find it comfortable. Sitting more upright, the wind is straight on my helmet and chest, but as long as I keep the speed reasonable, the wind is smooth.

@Madjak – yeah, it’s quite a jump from the Hurricane to the Hayabusa. 85hp vs 197 hp! What I was looking for was the highway smoothness, however, and it’s all of that. If I could afford it, I would have bought a used Kawasaki Concours 14, but they are double the price, and harder to find. I’m enjoying my purchase immensely already. I’ve almost put on 1000km in less than 3 weeks.

I find the Hayabusa a very natural fit for me. It’s not such a beast, but a very smooth, nimble bike for its size. It has been a very easy transition. Of course, if you really let it go, it will bite, hard.

madjak30
                • Senior Contributor

I have heard of guys riding them like a sport touring bike, that’s why I asked…there is one here in Red Deer for $7900, maybe I’ll go take it for a spin.  I’m sure he is open to offers.

Does wifey find it comfortable as well?  Or do you not ride two up?
              I’m looking to change bikes to accomodate my daughter, since she can’t ride her own yet…and I’ve always liked the ‘Busa

Later.

WindyCityAB_boy

Does wifey find it comfortable as well?  Or do you not ride two up?
                I’m looking to change bikes to accomodate my daughter, since she can’t ride her own yet…and I’ve always liked the ‘Busa

Later.

My wife does find the ‘Busa comfortable. It still has stock seats, and they’re pretty good. The only thing is that she has a bad hip (car accident last year; 2 surgeries….) and she needs to be helped off the bike after her hip stiffens from riding. She prefers riding her own bike!

madjak30
                    • Senior Contributor

I think I’ll be sticking with my MT-01 for a bit…my daughter thinks it’s relatively comfortable.

Later.

viken

Its fine, its fine. I know of a female rider that got hooked on the Busa 2 weeks after learning how to ride. Lets just say she’s a natural and dont ride like a girl either.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.